Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In case anyone is wondering what that horrible rattle is when rolling over uneven surfaces. If you jack your wheels off the ground and there is no horizontal/vertical play, more than likely your sway bar end links are due for a refresh.

I ordered a new set from atlantic british and installed them this afternoon. Super easy job, about 15 minutes per side. I wish I would have done it sooner. Only possible gotcha is that you need a really thin spanner to get on the flats on the opposite side of the bolts you have to remove. Fortunately, I found an appropriate one in my bicycle tools which could fit in there without damaging the rubber boot.

When I took off the old ones there was HUGE play... and if I shake them a little, the ball joints just flop all over and rattle. They were beyond worn, I expect they were about as bad as they can get before they literally come apart.

The new ones are so stiff that it is very difficult to move them at all, and the ride is whisper quiet again :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.