Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got some new front links today. Plan to DIY, I have a few questions..

1) Do i need to jack up the truck or can i do this on the ground?
2) Are these links under pressure or just remove and replace?
3) Will they just line up with the strut and the sway bar or will have have to pry or negotiate with the link to get it to line up once i remove the old one?
4) Do i need to remove the wheels, seems like i can get access without taking the wheels off.
5) i have a thin spanner and i tested to see i i can get a good grip on the inside nut so i am good there.

Any other tips appreciated

Thanks all...

· Registered
2,493 Posts
I think the easiest way to do it in your own garage is jack until the wheel is off the ground then place a jack stand (same for other side), remove the front wheels, unbolt the nuts on the sway bar and tap the threaded end with a rubber hammer. While the floor jack is handy its helpfully to slightly jack on the suspension so you can line up/ take the tension of the end link, when you get it right it should pop right out. Not sure of the torque but I'm sure its in rave

· Registered
2006 l322 Westminster #41
1,943 Posts
iirc brad s1 has the right process. If the load is equal on the anti sway bar the link once undone should come out and in with no issue. I think i dropped the suspension onto a block so with the wheel off the load was basically equal on both sides and allowed removal and replacement without issue but gave enough space to fit the link and tighten it without issue. Of interest is that I got the links from Island 4x4 and they are Moog links.

· Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
700 Posts
Today I heard a popping noise on left front end. First I thought suspension than realize the noise is coming only horizontal moves. Yes we have very bad road conditions. In vertical moves just silence.

After 1 hour search in my friends Indy shop we found the broken part..

Stabilizator.
We found part number

RBM500030 it's cost 220$
After little search
I found 2 more part numbers.
RBM500200 and LR030047
Rbm500200 is for 45$
Lr030047 is for 42$

And sorry for bad English in Kazakhstan this part is stabilization bar. But at English I found 2 sources with the same part number one is "anti roll bar" other is "sway bar"

And the interesting thing is the Oem part is Delphi part. Just the box is Land Rover.
After 15 minutes search and calling Delphi dealer Kazakhstan they gave us the part number for Delphi. It's cost only 12$. Part number is TC1817
With Delphi code I found lemforder part number for 25$ Part number is 29585 01.

I already ordered lemforder part. But couldn't understand the diffrence between Land Rover parts. And the cost of Delphi part.
For 10 years old car I replaced one bushing and 2 sway bar. It's good.

· Registered
2006 l322 Westminster #41
1,943 Posts
At the cheaper price i think you got the sway bar (or anti-roll bar) link that joins the sway bar from one of the suspension A frames to the other A frame. The sway bar or anti-roll bar is a fairly substantial piece of springy type steel that l cannot see it costing 12$ so I think it is the joining link. I had done one of our links when changing the leading lower control arm. I got it from Island 4x4 and it was a Moog part, the name of which is known to American hot rodders for a long time but they likely are manufacturing abroad now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.