RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently just purchased a 2019 RR Sport Dynamic V8, the color is white with the black top, love the car but it has polished 21" wheels and it would look so much better in black. Found a set of wheels and tires online, in black, my question is with the TPMS, will the dealer have to reflash the new wheels to the car or can a tire shop do this?

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you are happy with the style of your rims but not the finish, just have them powder coated. They really turn out great. They offer gloss black or satin black. Really look factory. Also, no tpms issues.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
13 Posts
I agree with the powder coating. Much cheaper too.

But to answer your question, if you decide to buy new wheels, you can transfer the TPMS modules from your current wheels or get aftermarket ones if you want to keep both sets of wheels (2nd set for winter or off road). No reprogramming needed with either option as long as you get the correct aftermarket units.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
87 Posts
I agree with the powder coating. Much cheaper too.

But to answer your question, if you decide to buy new wheels, you can transfer the TPMS modules from your current wheels or get aftermarket ones if you want to keep both sets of wheels (2nd set for winter or off road). No reprogramming needed with either option as long as you get the correct aftermarket units.
^This.... Any wheel shop should be able to transfer the TPMS modules to the new rims. As both have said, it would be much more cost effective to powder coat your wheels. OR, maybe put up a trade post to see if someone wants to swap.

PS: I agree 100% that the black wheels look amazing on the Contrast Roof and White body. It's the reason I ordered mine.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Powder coatings in of itself weaken wheels from the heat.

Maybe as as an option paint the wheels from a reputable shop.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Just use plasti-dip on the wheels. It's 5 bucs per can, you can do it yourself in a weekend for about $20, they look great and protect the wheels. You can also peel it off and re-do it if they ever get scratched.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
17 Posts
Powder coatings in of itself weaken wheels from the heat.

Maybe as as an option paint the wheels from a reputable shop.
It's always been my understanding that if a reputable shop does the powder coating, it's no problem.....as long as under 300 degrees it's a non-(heat)issue. Before I found my model with the black wheels, the dealer offered to powder coat the model they were trying to sell me for $600. Don't know if that was a good price but they said they do it fairly regularly (through their outside vendor) and never have had an issue.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
55 Posts
I had my 5 wheels done on my 17 RRS. $600 Mounted and balanced. Remember to do the Spare! Painting the wheels is about the same price but will not last as long.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts