RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Just a quick question today... I've got a NAS 1999 RR P38 with the Thor / Bosch engine. My stock center console was ratty so I bought a much nicer looking one that also had the newer gps unit. However, seeing them side by side the newer design lacks the individual wires for the side push buttons. I went ahead and attempted to install it but the new GPS turn on. (I'll post pictures once I'm home). I can't be the first person to attempt this but I've not found this issue covered in the forum search.

My question is: should this swap just work, leaving the extra wires unused, or does this require a wiring modification?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,755 Posts
Depends on which two systems you have. We are not mind readers, we would need to see pics of the two systems if they are not the same. Kinda common sense sort of thing. :thumb:

·
Registered
760 Posts
So if I’ve got this right, your putting a Center dash panel with sat nav where there was a non sat nav one,, the sat nav works from a drive in the boot space,, so you won’t come across wires for it,, your at the best place now,, , you can remove the screen and replace with an upto date touch screen, mp5 , sat nav unit ect,,

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,755 Posts
Chris, he point blank said "nicer GPS" obviously he had GPS before.... Thus my commentary about differing models.

·
Registered
760 Posts
My bad, I didn’t even think about the 2 different nav systems. I’d still go with dumping the LR sat nav,, we all know it’s rubbish, I use my phone over my nav system..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts