RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Just finished the interior swap (well, just front and rear seats) from a 2000 RR into my 2002. Some of you may recall my post about two weeks ago after some hooligans broke into the RR and slashed the seats to hell and back. Anywhoo, everything went hunky-dory except for the fact that I noticed the seat bolster airbag connector is different on the 2000 seat vs. the plug on my 2002 rig! Since I had the old seats out and on the floor, I was thinking of clipping the connectors off of them, then clipping the connectors on the 2000 seats and then just soldering the 2002 connectors into place. It appears that the two wires on the seat end of the airbag plug are both blue so I was wondering if it mattered which blue wire plugged into which of the BeCM connector wires....does that make sense? In other words, if the wiring on the seat had one red wire and one black wire, and that corresponded directly to the same colors on the BeCM harness, we'd be good to go, as I wouldn't worry about mixing them up....and I don't want to chance anything when SRS is involved. But being that both wires on the seat end are blue, I assume they could be hooked up "either way" to the BeCM harness? :pray: :think:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Re: Swapped seats from '00 into '02; airbag connector different

Hi,

Check the Electrical Manual in Rave.

It mentions pin info as well as cable codes for all thing electrical.

Good luck !

N.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts