RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to determine the viability of putting the more reliable 4.2 supercharged engine into a 5.0 2012 RR AB. You would have all the upgrades of the 2010+MY but without the troublesome engine. You would have to add the associated transmission as well for the 4.2 engine. Has anyone tried this? How many labor hours on average would this take?

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I am trying to determine the viability of putting the more reliable 4.2 supercharged engine into a 5.0 2012 RR AB. You would have all the upgrades of the 2010+MY but without the troublesome engine. You would have to add the associated transmission as well for the 4.2 engine. Has anyone tried this? How many labor hours on average would this take?
With the amount of effort that'd take it'd make more sense to just drop your rover off to a pro and have them bullet proof the 5.0

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,194 Posts
How about a 5.0L Ford Coyote engine, probably take the same amount of effort, 412 HP out of the box naturally aspirated with plenty of add on performance goodies, like superchargers and/or turbochargers running upwards of 1000HP. Suprisingly, it is very similar in size and appearance to the RR engines and it will bolt up to a ZF6HP26 transmission or just use Fords version 6R80 tranny which is a licensed version of the ZF6HP26. Boneyard versions are available from 2011 and up Mustangs, crate engines are also available but they get pretty spendy pretty fast as you add suprchargers, or turbochargers.

·
Registered
94 Posts
This. Take care of the timing gear and the 5.0 is a good motor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts