RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been working on a video regarding the Velocity AP tune and admittedly I went way overboard (3 GoPros, 1 SLR, and 2 iPhones, lots of mounts, and mics and.... ). I should have definitely kept it simple cause now it's going to take me ages to get you the full video and no spoilers shall be revealed just yet as I have more homework to do yet.

BUT

I thought I'd give you all a teaser of what the exhaust note sounds like after the tune. Mind you, it was loud before and I'll have comparison footage soon. But now. Well. Judge for yourself.

Also, if you want to be notified when I post the rest of the footage, subscribe to the channel and you'll have a notification as soon as it's posted. Enjoy.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I was trying to find info on this, but wasn't super clear...so the Velocity tune works with the SVR, giving it a boost on top of the existing bump the SVR ECU adds?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was trying to find info on this, but wasn't super clear...so the Velocity tune works with the SVR, giving it a boost on top of the existing bump the SVR ECU adds?
Yes it works on the SVR. And as I said before I am still doing more testing to see what the actual gains are but that is what the tune promises. I believe their website advertises a 605HP result although it has not been made clear if that is with the added pulley or not. I have not added the pulley.

·
Registered
112 Posts
That is without pulley, so theres more hp to come for you.:D:D:D
Txs for the video clip, look forward to more. I like when the truck first starts as you here a small crackle right away. I didn't know the sound would be noticeable change with tune. I have a pulley sitting here, just breaking my truck in first[400miles] and will order tune. Cant wait to try it. Love the sound of these trucks.
Yes it works on the SVR. And as I said before I am still doing more testing to see what the actual gains are but that is what the tune promises. I believe their website advertises a 605HP result although it has not been made clear if that is with the added pulley or not. I have not added the pulley.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Looking forward to the full video. I should do the same and make a video with my non-SVR Supercharged. It is quite noticeable, especially at the lower RPM's when letting off the gas and downshifting.

I actually didn't realize there was a difference for the SVR owners, I figured your overrun features were already maxed out lol, lucky b****** :D. I have yet to find an aftermarket exhaust that sounds as good as the stock SVR (IMO). I looked up the part numbers and was surprised to see that the SVR and Supercharged share the same downpipes. So the only difference is the midpipes/catback.

·
Registered
282 Posts
This video scared my wife and woke up my 9 month old
So great. Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm really sorry guys. I've been meaning to book a day at the drag strip to get some 1/4 mile times.
The fact is, on my SVR, I didn't really see a power difference . My 0-60 times were about the same before and after. I did get a .1 second better time on one of my runs after the update but that was out of 10+ runs which all came out about the same as before. That's for 0-60 though which isn't all that's important. So my goal was to take it to a drag strip and run some 1/4 miles with and without the tune to get some better ideas.

on the upside though:

- The car runs nice and smooth with no faults
- The Auto-Stop/Start feature is completely disabled which is a big deal to me
- The throttle response seems a little sharper but it was always sharp to me.

I think SVR owners are going to see very little difference if any. But I imagine that regular V8 supercharged owners will notice the bump.
Now that I've let the cat out there's no point in posting the video which took me an entire day to film and has yet to be edited, but the end result was a bit underwhelming.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts