RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2016 SVR has all-season Pirelli Scorpion Verde tires. My sales said the car came like that from the factory. However, as I went through the stuff in the glove box I found a warrantee sheet from Continental! What is going on here? Did the dealer swap out the tires? What for?! Is this common?

Thanks for your input!

·
Administrator
27,824 Posts
Relax, be at one with your new rig. No need to yell at us. Manufacturers change tyre brands all the time. The kid making minimum wage most likely tossed the wrong paperwork in the glove box.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Relax, be at one with your new rig. No need to yell at us. Manufacturers change tyre brands all the time. The kid making minimum wage most likely tossed the wrong paperwork in the glove box.
Thank you for your input. I'm not familiar with this practice of changing tire brands. The cars I have purchased so far have not had this issue, and it is clearly stated that the SVR has Continental tires on LR's web site so I suspected not otherwise. The one thing apparent is that I'm given the wrong warrantee... Based on the reviews I have read, the Continental tires equipped by the SVR has very good all-around performance which impressed some of the reviewers. I checked out these Pirrelli tires on TireRack and they don't seem all that impressive. Anyone has any experience with these tires? Are there significant differences?

·
Administrator
27,824 Posts
Leaving the web site out of the overall picture, does your paperwork state Continental? If so, AND you would prefer Continental, have your dealer rectify the issue. If it's not that big of a deal have the dealer give you the correct warranty sheet.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
273 Posts
Automobile Manufacturers often equip their vehicles with different brands of tires. In the case of the SVR it looks like Michelin, Pirelli, Goodyear and Continental are all offered in either an all-season or summer tire type. The 21" Michelin Lat Sports would be my preference:)

I thought I read somewhere that LRUSA was only equiping the SVR with all-seasons because we have lots of lawyers in the USA.

In the Porsche's that I have owned\leased they had the warranty info for every possible tire the vehicle could be equiped with, including the space saver spare.

Tirerack provides guidance on all of the OE tires and their attributes:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireS...ipOver=true&minSpeedRating=V&minLoadRating=XL

·
Registered
204 Posts
My SVR came with Pirelli which I used for about a month and my dealer changed them to the Michelin at my request as the other vehicles in the show room at Micheln. I prefer the Michelin to the Pirrelli from a performance and handling standpoint. Not that important but there is no mileage warranty on the Pirelli and the Michelin has a 30k kilometre warranty.

·
Banned
305 Posts
good point cosmicorn. it might be a good idea to post if you have the 21" or 22" wheels. 22" must de facto have summer tires. if 21" it prob is up to the dealer to provide you with correct paperwork. i'd inspect the wheels for any evidence of curb rash or otherwise to ensure not previously used. dealers have been known to play sketchy sometimes.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
good point cosmicorn. it might be a good idea to post if you have the 21" or 22" wheels. 22" must de facto have summer tires. if 21" it prob is up to the dealer to provide you with correct paperwork. i'd inspect the wheels for any evidence of curb rash or otherwise to ensure not previously used. dealers have been known to play sketchy sometimes.
I got the 21. Where I live I can't afford running around in sunmer tires. I don't think the dealer is playing sketchy. They are, however, not very knowledgeable about the car given its the first one they sold. Therefore I merely wanted to make sure everything is the way it supposed to be :) The car had only 9 miles on it and I saw it while it was still wrapped. It's in perfect condition, no doubt about it. I think it's likely the case of mismatched document as pointed out by other users.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My SVR came with Pirelli which I used for about a month and my dealer changed them to the Michelin at my request as the other vehicles in the show room at Micheln. I prefer the Michelin to the Pirrelli from a performance and handling standpoint. Not that important but there is no mileage warranty on the Pirelli and the Michelin has a 30k kilometre warranty.
I'd prefer to have some mileage warranty for the tires. I guess I will speak to the dealers and get them to provide me with the matching paperwork. I can't yet tell the performance of the Pirrelli tires, but they do seem a little louder than I'd imagined.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Automobile Manufacturers often equip their vehicles with different brands of tires. In the case of the SVR it looks like Michelin, Pirelli, Goodyear and Continental are all offered in either an all-season or summer tire type. The 21" Michelin Lat Sports would be my preference
That's very helpful info/link. Thank you!

·
Registered
2016 RR Sport SC Dynamic
1,188 Posts
I have those Pirellis on my current vehicle (2008 MDX). I had the previous gen scorpion verde and then got the "plus" type as my third set of tires. I like them but it does seem like they wear somewhat quickly, or maybe it's just my driving habit.

I do prefer Pirellis in general from past experience but my build sheet says Continental tires for my 22". Will definitely want summer tires to take advantage of my locale.

·
Registered
275 Posts
My 2016 SVR has all-season Pirelli Scorpion Verde tires. My sales said the car came like that from the factory. However, as I went through the stuff in the glove box I found a warrantee sheet from Continental! What is going on here? Did the dealer swap out the tires? What for?! Is this common?

Thanks for your input!
Just depends on what size you bought. If you have 22's, it almost always comes with Conti's. If it got 20s or 21s it may be goodyear or perlli.

FYI, if you look at 265 and 285, you'll find a lot more options out there. I run 265 in the winter. Haven't tried 285 yet, but I'm going to once my 275/40/r22 conti's are done for.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts