RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really couldn't think of a better title for this thread.
I don't know if you guys have seen these photos before but I pulled them off of twitter from an event that took place a week ago in the UK I believe. Would have loved to be there. These are some of the best colors I have ever seen and that green !!!

Photo Mar 27, 12 40 00 PM.jpg
Photo Mar 27, 12 38 37 PM.jpg
Photo Mar 27, 12 39 35 PM.jpg
Photo Mar 27, 12 46 49 PM.jpg

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,783 Posts
Holy CRAP Batman!!! Is this the SVO shipping lot? :shock: I actually want that green over the old AA yellow or Vesuvious.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
297 Posts
Interesting that they all have the Cf hood.

Did you guys get the CF hood? Haven’t seen one on the road yet (which isn’t a surprise, there’s not even a lot of SVRs yet)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,783 Posts
Yea cow... rather like the Superbird mom had and the standard Road Runner dad had when I was a wee brat. Both had the hemi 7.0L engines with dual 4 barrel Carter carbs. Both were rated at 0-60 in 5 something seconds... in 1969 or 70. Mom's was bright orange with the flat black nonreflective hood with trailing stripes. Dad's was red with just the stripes.

The flat black paint was suppose to be so you didn't get sun glare when breaking the speed limit at under 6 seconds at hit 100mph at 10 seconds. :lol:

Something tells me that the SVR has better times and that the flat black hood is for looks only. :thumb:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Yea cow... rather like the Superbird mom had and the standard Road Runner dad had when I was a wee brat. Both had the hemi 7.0L engines with dual 4 barrel Carter carbs. Both were rated at 0-60 in 5 something seconds... in 1969 or 70. Mom's was bright orange with the flat black nonreflective hood with trailing stripes. Dad's was red with just the stripes.

The flat black paint was suppose to be so you didn't get sun glare when breaking the speed limit at under 6 seconds at hit 100mph at 10 seconds. :lol:

Something tells me that the SVR has better times and that the flat black hood is for looks only. :thumb:
Yeah! Exposed CF hood is just for looks. It’s a full CF hood underneath the paint anyways. Saw it at the auto show in person and it def looks cool!

RRToadHall, your only partially right, it actually serves another purpose, makes JLR another $10k in revenue as an option

Tai4de2 is a #boss for selecting the exposed CF hood!

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
134 Posts
My dealer got in their first ‘18 RRS SVR and let me see and drive it today. Mine is set to arrive in about a month.

The one I experienced is black. Gotta say that carbon fiber hood looks amazing in person!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Saw both black SVR and blue SVR with full carbon package and carbon hoods in person this week - absolutely stunning is all I can say....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts