RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of going for velocity blue or caarpathian grey on the full size range autobiography, but not sure which wheels to go with and whether to go with atlast or dark atlas side vents. Im not so keen on the all black look on the full size. it cheapens it and tries to look too much like a sport. Whats the general opinion?

·
Administrator
27,799 Posts
Total agreement on the all black. It has been done for so long, across so many makes, it's worn out and boring.

Your choice in colours say two different things, the velocity will be stunning and get attention. It will be unique much like the AAyellow P38s or Vesuvius Orangee of the Sports. You can easily pull of the dark atlas for a bit of contrast with out being too bright for trim.

The Carpatian is considerably more reserved and will pretty much blend in with every other grey toned Range Rover. I'm not sure I would pay for the SVO colour upgrade for a grey.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Being in Malibu for a couple of weeks and seeing a Range Rover nearly every third car, the black ones indeed look like the Sport at first glance. The white-with-black-accents definitely stand-out the most, though in LA you very rarely see RR/RRS in colors other than Black, Silver, Grey, or White.

I've been looking at a LWB SC (it's beyond me why you seemingly can't spec an LWB ATB with black side vents or black wheels...) with SVO Velocity + Black 21" Wheels + Black Side Vents + Black Roof. Looks really sharp I think, though my wife thinks it's too blue.

Does anyone know if having an SVO color will significantly increase repair time in the event of a collision which requires replacing body panels?

Screen Shot 2018-02-19 at 11.16.26 PM.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
My dealer tried to put my order in earlier this month for an SVO color and was told no more svo color orders for the rest of the 2018 MY as they work out issues. Anybody else experienced the same issues on more recent orders?

·
Administrator
27,799 Posts
Not at all surprising. SVO colours have a three month delay on existing orders. With whatever issues they have had it would be foolish to compound things with more orders for custom colours.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Agreed on the "murdered out" look. Unless you like your truck looking like it just rolled out of a West Hollywood aftermarket shop circa-2010. It just looks cheap and dirty (in a bad way).

Velocity would look amazing with shadow atlas and either 7007 or 9012 rims.

I might be biased seeing how I'm waiting on a Yulong with shadow atlas and 7007s.

download.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Not at all surprising. SVO colours have a three month delay on existing orders. With whatever issues they have had it would be foolish to compound things with more orders for custom colours.
Has this been confirmed? I recently spoke with my SA and he mention the hold but stated the delivery date hadn't changed. He was under the impression that everything was on schedule. Has the reason for the hold been determined?
SVO Flux Silver (satin) V8 SC
Remen RR Flux.jpg

·
Administrator
27,799 Posts
Very much confirmed. If your delivery date has not changed then yours must already be painted or your adviser is confused as to which hold he was talking about. There has been the EPA hold that was just released last week where completed vehicles were stacked like cord wood on both sides of shipping. No concrete information on SVO paint delays but a few folks have reported the 3 month delay and one was told that it is due to a lack of labour for the SVO paint process. Usually LR has had to delay certain colours or discontinue colours due to supplier issues. Personally I see that as a much more likely scenario and it would lead to the total discontinuation of SVO colours across 405s and 494s.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Agreed on the "murdered out" look. Unless you like your truck looking like it just rolled out of a West Hollywood aftermarket shop circa-2010. It just looks cheap and dirty (in a bad way).

Velocity would look amazing with shadow atlas and either 7007 or 9012 rims.

I might be biased seeing how I'm waiting on a Yulong with shadow atlas and 7007s.
I have never seen a guy driving a white Range Rover. It looks cute, but I love my black package Range Rover. It looks striking and everyone seems to love it too. `)

I'm a millennial so it could be a generational thing.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have never seen a guy driving a white Range Rover. It looks cute, but I love my black package Range Rover. It looks striking and everyone seems to love it too. `)

Technically it's my wife's. (We're also as old as you can be and still be considered millennials :wink:) I'm still waiting for them to finish making my '18 Grey E63S Wagon, which was pushed back from mid-Jan to next week due to a part shortage.

Anyway, I texted my sales guy who also says no more SVO paint orders until at least 2019.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Has this been confirmed? I recently spoke with my SA and he mention the hold but stated the delivery date hadn't changed. He was under the impression that everything was on schedule. Has the reason for the hold been determined?
SVO Flux Silver (satin) V8 SC
View attachment 253809

What is your delivery date? I placed my order first week of November and so far they are expecting late April arrival because of SVO. It is supposed to be built next week, so we will see.

·
Premium Member
1,828 Posts

I have driven mostly white Range Rovers for many years now and I'm a bit too old to be a millennial so maybe you're right.

I agree with the "hearse" comments.
A thought on the SVO colors: since that was meant to be a super-low volume something, I assumed the rollout of the Coupe will take up the majority of their resources beyond the SV* builds. That by itself would explain the "shortage".

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
White does seem to be pretty hit/miss with people.

I am 37 and have no problem with white although typically not my first choice. My father who is 67 decided he wanted to order a 2018 the other day, I told him there is a white v8 coming in this week that is unspoken for, and he said he would rather wait until May/June with a custom order over driving a white car.

·
Registered
41 Posts
As a 39 yr old I don't mind white at all in a RR. I think it is sharp. My last RRS was white with black roof which I always enjoyed. I like a more traditional look and the blacked out full size is not my thing as it doesn't fit my personality. I am happy with my Santorini black with traditional trim and wheels but my next RR will be grey I am almost certain. Those images are good looking combos.

·
Registered
10 Posts
What is your delivery date? I placed my order first week of November and so far they are expecting late April arrival because of SVO. It is supposed to be built next week, so we will see.
Build date: 2/9 Delivery date: 3/30 Handover: 4/4
Let me know what your SA finds out. I'm not exactly brimming with confidence on the info I'm getting.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts