RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
Let me start with, the air compressor and suspension work properly and I don't have any warning lights on.
I bought this 2012 Rover Sport used. it has 78K miles. I have had 3 sports and 2 full size Rovers before this one.
When driving the suspension is hard and jolting on regular streets and when on the freeway if road is not smooth the rear wheels bounce and feels unstable, like a old car with warn out suspension. I have put a 100lbs bag of cement in the back and that has fixed that issue. The Rover service place just want to start replacing parts at my expense.
Thank you for any possible help.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
535 Posts
Well, your Rover service is might be right this time... Bouncing back is most likely due to failed shocks in your rear Airstruts. 80-100K is about the time they go, did so in my previous 2009 RRS and on now in my current 2013 RRS.
Front ones are usually last even less... You're realistically looking at 4 airstruts, possibly LCAs, Sway Bar bushings and links to get that ride under control.
As far as AirStruts, I would order these from FCP Euro with lifetime warranty, they have Bilstein fronts and Arnotts rears.
Replacing is not a rocket science, 3 nuts on top + airline and 1 big bolt at the bottom. Descent mechanic can do 4 in 4-5 hrs time. No alignment needed really if you do struts only.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
535 Posts
you dont see any suspension errors because system does not know that shock element has failed and it is impossible to see physically because top of the shock element is enclosed in to airbag and it spew out its oil inside the airbag.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
891 Posts
That is what I was thinking it was the springs.
Thank you for you time.
It is the shock absorbers not the air springs you need to look at - both components are part of a strut (like the shocks and coil spring in a "normal" strut.)

·
Registered
2007 Range Rover Sport SC L320
139 Posts
Could it be the suspension bushings also? Lower Control Arms' are notorious for wearing out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts