RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any idea how to get the suspension unstuck from the high mode? Does anyone know what the potential problem can be, and how easy is it to fix?

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
Year would help greatly, but I'll assume +06 as this is more common on those. Two common issues, neither too bad of a fix.

First would be the 'lower' portion of the switch has failed, if this is the case driving it to above 35mph for a minute will make it lower itself.

The even more common issue with it would be that the exhaust muffler on the compressor has clogged up. This can be removed to lower it temporarily (it will be loud) and then replace the muffler and the dryer as soon as you can. The muffler is a brass cone that sits on the front(towards the front of the truck) of the compressor. Remove the spare wheel and clam shell cover, then remove the muffler. When it clogs, it is a sign that the dryer is separating, and that should be replaced at the same time. The new muffler that you will receive will have a hole in it, to prevent this from happening again. There are threads on here with part numbers.

The second option only applies if it is a 06-09 truck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Year would help greatly, but I'll assume +06 as this is more common on those. Two common issues, neither too bad of a fix.

First would be the 'lower' portion of the switch has failed, if this is the case driving it to above 35mph for a minute will make it lower itself.

The even more common issue with it would be that the exhaust muffler on the compressor has clogged up. This can be removed to lower it temporarily (it will be loud) and then replace the muffler and the dryer as soon as you can. The muffler is a brass cone that sits on the front(towards the front of the truck) of the compressor. Remove the spare wheel and clam shell cover, then remove the muffler. When it clogs, it is a sign that the dryer is separating, and that should be replaced at the same time. The new muffler that you will receive will have a hole in it, to prevent this from happening again. There are threads on here with part numbers.

I have a UK spec 2007 RR SC. Is this the same course of action?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2012 Land Rover HSE, non supercharged and the air suspension is not Dynamic. In the past, when the temperature would get below freezing, the front shocks would deflate and go to its stops. Start it up and and it would correct itself. It did this last week, but would not correct itself. As I was driving it and stopping ADN trying manually to get it to come up. All tires went to the stops. I had to shut it off and then restart the system to correct it. Finally it corrected it and i could get it to the garage to inspect.

Now it is stuck in high mode. When you manually select Normal or access height. The compressor releases air and then 10-30 Seconds later the sytem automatically starts pressurizing for high mode. It will run this cycle and not stop.

Troubleshooting thus far: tested all lines, valve blocks, shocks, compressors for leaks - NONE. Replaced the two front height sensors, no change. Removed both valve blocks, took apart both valve blocks, inspected for issues, NONE. Removed the filter on the compressor, no change. I have reset the system by disconnecting the batter and joining the negative and positive as directed, NO Change. Next step is to replace the dryer and filter on the compressor, put all tires on it, test drive and see if the system will correct itself. I have also ran a normal OBDII scanner on it and received no codes. I have downloaded a similar software to the EAS software and will use a WiFi OBDII scanner to see about resetting, calibrating the sytem, and determine any codes.

Any Help, insight, suggestions, or advise is needed and greatly welcomed. Thank you in advance and God bless TF

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,085 Posts
One of your height sensors has probably failed, or become disconnected from the suspension arm its attached to. You are probably stuck in extended mode 20mm or so above off road height as that is a typical response for the system when you try to lower it, and one or more of the sensors doesn't indicate the truck is lowering, it assumes you are high centered on something and reinflates the airbags. Call of the suspension height screen before you try and lower it, see if one corner of the vehicle on the screen doesn't move when it starts lowering, or when it raises back up. that will be the sensor you have an issue with. If you have had work done on any of the suspension parts or even brakes its possible one of the links between the sensor and suspension got dislodged, and if they were removed for some reason, make sure the sensor arms all point out towards the tires, sometimes people put them on backwards (don't ask me how), or even swap a left sided one for a right side one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts