RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has an 07 RR SSC with about 97k miles on it. It's been a great truck, and just recently it has developed a squeal but only when turning left. The squeal isn't consistent, and doesn't do it all the time, sometimes it's more high pitched than other times. I've read a number of posts trying to pinpoint the issue rather than spending a lot of money on parts. This past weekend I flushed the power steering with all the approved fluids and it seems better, but the noise is still there. From more searching, it appears that it that it might be the ACE Valve Block? I'm guessing I'll need to take it someplace to have this diagnosed further, but wanted to see what the experts on the forum think. Is this something that I can easily replace? Is there a DIY on the valve block?

Thanks,
Andy

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the same thing happening on my 2011 supercharged when i turn left however it is my right wheel that is squeaking.
How did you determine it was your right wheel? I put the truck up on jack stands tonight in my garage, spun all the wheels and checked for looseness, couldn't get a peep out of them. At this point, I'm thinking it isn't a wheel bearing, but perhaps I need to flush and fill the power steering system again. Maybe I didn't get all the old fluid out?

-Andy

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
516 Posts
If you experience the issue with the vehicle running but not moving I would agree it is related to the power steering. If you never have the issue while not moving look to systems that function while moving like brake parts, a brake rotor shield, swaybar bushings, lower control arm bushings, ACE components.
Any chance you could capture a video with the sound?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finally got the issue resolved this weekend. After checking each of the wheel bearings which had minimal movement, I decided to remove the brakes and clean everything up. While doing so, the rear brakes were getting close to replacing, so I ordered all new parts and replaced them this weekend. No more squeal and the truck is back to driving great. Thanks for all the replies and all the threads I found in regards to this - definitely helped to narrow down the issue.

-Andy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts