RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 Range Rover Sport. Came out in mourning started truck got “vehicle will raise when system cools”. Go into suspension screen says raising. Got out can’t here compressor running. Truck has new amk compressor with updated software from Land Rover dealership. No yellow or red suspension light an hooked up launch no suspension codes present. It’s been sitting 3 days now truck on bump stops still saying “vehicle will raise when system cools” everytime I start truck. Swapped compressor an relay out with my backup just to cross that off list. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
42 Posts
I know when the AMK gets too hot, the internal temp sensor shuts the AMK off. I don't know if the pump reports this to the ECU, throwing a message? Could be a faulty sensor on the AMK, damaged wiring, or perhaps faulty ECU. I'm no expert, I'm just a fool muddling through his own compressor issues...

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
516 Posts
Sounds like the stealership may have their wires crossed for the new compressor. The ECU thinks it is over heating and it's not. Or it really is overheating. Have you checked to see if it is hot (be careful). I installed the new AMK and about 3 months later the power wires were getting very hot. So hot they were melting the insulation. There was some kind of short somewhere. Turns out BPUtah replaced it at no charge. So you may have a bad compressor, depending were it came from.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts