RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys im a little stuck im an Englishman living in Mexico and own a 2011 5.0 supercharged.

I know suspension problems are normal but my problem is I don't have a mechanic near me with diagnostics equipment. yesterday I was driving and the car said it was going into extended mode and the front dropped down but the back didn't then it said suspension fault, turned car on and off cause sometimes it has done this kind of thing before but it didn't solve it. The compressor whired and vibrated 3 or 4 times as if it was trying to lift the front but it couldn't. at one point it said car will lift when compressor cools. Do you think its just the pump? or something else?

I actually have another compressor and I could fit it myself (I think) just don't want to do it if its not going to solve it.

also I did a hard reset but it didn't solve it obviously.

Thank you for your help in advance. any help will get rewarded with beer if you come to the Riviera Maya on vacation

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
Your root issue will most likely be a leaking front strut... and it's been leaking awhile. If you continue on the path you described you end up in hard fault and will have burnt out your compressor. Your compressor is already weak, thus the overheat message. The sad thing is that your rig has been giving you all the hints of a leak.

You will need to identify the strut that is leaking and get it replaced. Be prepared to replace the other pretty soon as well. Once you have a leak free front end, see if your compressor is up to raising your rig. Lets it run for 7-10 minutes with the door open so it can fill the tank before closing the door and letting it raise.

Your next purchase will need to be some diagnostic gear since you have no mechanic. There is an entire section below with info on diagnostic gear.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts