RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The small o rings that install in the shock towards the top. Does anyone know the size or place to source these? Also, where do they go? there is no direction I have found anywhere on how to fit these. (for clarification, these are NOT the collet o rings) I have searched high and low and only place I have seen is china with a 10+ unit minimum and 45 days shipping.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, JW

2012 L322 HSE Lux

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I an assuming that you bought a replacement air spring only from other than arnott. The arnott uses a hd single o ring that is installed in a captive recess where the shock tube passes through. I recently replaced the replacement arnott (premature crimp ring failure) with a max speeding rods spring. Not nearly as nicely made as the arnott, but 1/3 the price. It has 2 small diameter o rings that slide into an open recess in the air spring assembly. So you have to put the 2 o-rings on the shaft of the shock, with a touch of silicone grease so they will hopefully slide into the recess when you reassemble. So if o-rings need replacement you would have to measure the shaft diameter so I cannot help you there. Maybe rrtoad has a loose one around that he could measure. The o ring itself is about 1/16th of an inch in diameter and the shaft size is about 5/8ths inch. Keep us posted and add info as necessary.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts