RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
From all my research I think it's just a fact of life they will go bad. Death, taxes and RR air springs... As far as I know there is nothing you can put on them and even if there was I think the process of doing it wouldn't be worth it. I don't know what they cost for the MKIII but I had them changed on the p38 and it wasn't bad. I went to an Indy mechanic and he only charged 1 hour labor and I brought him the Arnott springs I bought online.

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
Silicon protectant did wonders for my P38 bags. The original owner applied it every other oil change and they lasted over 130K miles.

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,973 Posts
rrtoadhall said:
Silicon protectant did wonders for my P38 bags. The original owner applied it every other oil change and they lasted over 130K miles.
This has to be worth a go, for the cost of a can of silicon spray (which come in handy for the freezing door seals) I noticed with the front jacked up the other day and the wheels hanging down that when the bellow is folded up on itself under normal use it collects a lot of road dirt between the rubber and the cone. One of the jobs I do when I change brake pads will be to clean the cone, bellow and now apply silicon spray liberally - it's apple scented too!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts