RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have had my Range in the shop since June and here is the issue: When I purchased the Rover 03/2017 it had regular air suspension on it but withing 3 months of having issues with it I switched it out to coil over springs.
The vehicle road very well with coil overs but it lost most of the terrain features. In June of this year, I made the decision to go back to air springs. I purchase all new air springs and had them reinstalled. The suspension has never worked since. I had one the Indy who had originally replaced the air shock do the reverse for me. He was able to get it to air up and drive but if it sat for 30 minutes it was down on its bump stocks and would not rise unless we first jacked up the back end to a certain level. This guy a former Range Rover employee with his own shop now couldn't figure out what was wrong. So I tool it to another shop that works on Rovers and they told me I had to replace the rear expansion valve, that didn't fix the issue. So we replaced the height sensors and the compressor, still no joy. I took it to the dealer who said that the ride height was bad so since they wanted 3x's the money for the part I took it back to my mechanic who changed out this part and reprogrammed the sensor and now the vehicle rises but within seconds the front drops it releases all the air. I am going on 4 months without being able to drive my vehicle, please help....has anyone ever run into this type of problem? What else could be wrong?? Battery is good almost all new parts......

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
So did you save yourself time and money? I never understand why people remove the air system, next they'll drive around without tires, just rims.

Anyhoo, from your description above, you have a leak, apparently in the front distribution block or out to the front bags. Pretty easy to find. I would do it yourself, the places you have been taking it are morons. Yes the stealer charges more, that is the nickname they have earned. Got a GAP Diagnostic unit? You really should... I believe they sponsor here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is a followup to my issue. There was no leak however a wire that runs to the 5 amp fuse was shorted and after the vehicle would rise to normal height it would immediately dump all the air because due to the short the vehicle didn't recognize that there was a compressor fitted. Not sure of all the details but when my curent Indy fixed the wiring issue, everything else now works perfectly.

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
It is sad the amount of money and time wasted on this endeavor. You hit it on the nail head that it rode well on coils, but you lost everything that makes a Range Rover a Range Rover.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts