RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi to all , i recently bought a 96 p38 4ltr petrol and am well pleased, it has a coil conversion on the suspension but to me its a little to high, what i wanted to know is are there different heights to the springs you can buy? as would want to replace for something a little lower!

·
Registered
897 Posts
Different manufacturers have different heights. Heavy Duty springs are usually 2 inches taller than 'standard' springs and close to or just over 'offroad' height. The standard springs are usually around the regular height. If you can get the serial number off the springs and/or manufacturer, then you can figure it out. Springs are very easy to change on the P38 and I can swap out all of mine in less than an hour. You can buy separate OME springs that should work with your existing perches. There are some threads out here with some relative heights.

I went through three different spring sets to get the height I wanted, but I was looking for lots of lift to counter the extra weight of my sliders/guards and winch. If you can pick up some used springs, that will be the cheapest.

This is the best article I found with springs heights and OMEs: http://www.rockrover.com/techarticles.htm

1 - 2 of 2 Posts