RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone with a 2014 RRS on 21" wheels possibly do me a favour?

Can someone measure wheel centre to arch, vertically, front and rear? For Access height, Normal height and Off-road height?

I have a feeling my car is out of whack and needs a recalibration but I'd like to have some numbers to check against first.

This evening I was behind someone who felt the need to put their hand up to their rearview mirror to mask some of the light from my car. Clearly they thought I was blinding them.

Happy to take measurements in either imperial or metric.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
27,805 Posts
Having someone measure their 21" set up will do nothing for you. They would have to have identical tyres the match yours... calibration has nothing to do with physical measurements. Calibration is a hexadecimal number generated by the height sensor that needs to reach a target range for each height. So unless you have diagnostic gear to change Your EAS settings and the other person had diagnostic to read their settings... it's not going to work.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok. As a discussion point then. This photo has my RRS on 21" wheels with Pirellie PZero Verde tyres....at normal suspension height. To my mind it looks and feels when I'm getting out, that it's a bit high.

Anyone think different?

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
20 Posts
Aesthetically the front appears a bit high but who knows. Might be worth a quick stop at the dealer.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I agree, front does look higher than the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I need replacement licence plates and a new key coding so my plan is for the main dealer to give the suspension a once over. It's under a Manufacturer's 2yr warranty anyway as Approved Used so I shouldn't have anything to worry about.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks @matthewjlove, that's a little more like what I was expecting; an even gap between tyre and arch.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Thanks @matthewjlove, that's a little more like what I was expecting; an even gap between tyre and arch.

No worries. Here’s a photo from the measuring application on my iPhone.

18” and some change from center cap in normal mode.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Having someone measure their 21" set up will do nothing for you. They would have to have identical tyres the match yours... calibration has nothing to do with physical measurements. Calibration is a hexadecimal number generated by the height sensor that needs to reach a target range for each height. So unless you have diagnostic gear to change Your EAS
settings and the other person had diagnostic to read their settings... it's not going to work.
They're asking for the measurement from the centre of the wheel to the bottom of the guard as far as I can tell. That is the correct way of measuring the height and won't change with different size wheels or tyres. I'm not 100% sure about this model but with 2005 to 2013 rrs and disco 3 and 4, the suspension is calibrated by adjusting it until it the measurement is within spec, as I have done it myself.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So, turns out that a bad ground at the front was logging some errors with the front suspension and the steering rack.

Clean up, fix codes, a recalibration and we're back to a more neutral attitude. Less nose up / like a boat.

The front was about an inch and a half higher than it should have been.

Thanks for the help, those that offered sensible comments.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
298 Posts
Nice that you were able to get it sorted.
Must have been annoying the heck outta you lol!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice that you were able to get it sorted.
Must have been annoying the heck outta you lol!

Not just me; all those blinded by my headlights too!

Nice to be vindicated though. "They all do that, sir", and "No, we couldn't find anything wrong" were all options. But they did find something wrong and it didn't cost me anything to have fixed more to the point.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts