RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a lop sided p38. I borrowed a testbook and tried to set the suspension height with this, boy was I wrong !!! I thought measure from centre of wheel to middle of wheel arch,press a couple of buttons on laptop and away you go. No such luck !!! After doing a search on line and finding out that I need calibration blocks. Not interested in wheelarch heights, I want to set the correct distances between axle and chassis. Now being skint, I thought I would make my own. Heres where it gets confusing different post suggest different heights. Ron Bekett suggests the same length front and rear but everyone else says front 100 and rear 105 ? What I want to know is if I take a length of 30mm outside diameter rod what length do I cut them? Obviously the rod is inserted inside the bump stop,so any measurements would have to include the bit inside the bumpstop . I was also wondering do I need to make 4 different length blocks for both front and rear ? I just want someone to say you need X amount of blocks of Y lengths and so on.
Cheers for your help.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
32 Posts
Ok, the height setting blocks are the simple bit, I've just cut this from an earlier thread on height blocks.

The Standard Height is : Front 100mm / Rear 105mm

Access Height: -60mm offset from Standard: Front 40mm / Rear 45mm

Low Profile (Highway) -20mm offset from Standard: Front 80mm / Rear 85mm

High Profile: +40mm from Standard: 140mm Front, 145mm Rear

This is the spacer fitting inside the rubber bumpstop, to the axle pad. I cut all mine from a bit of 1/2" steel water pipe, easy:grin:

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
Please keep in mind that you do not enter measurements into whatever diagnostic gear you use. You enter a hex code. IN addition each of the four corners will most likely have a different hex code at each setting . So you will end up with 16 different hex codes for the 4 main settings (20 if you fiddle with extended height). To make things even more confusing the right and left hex codes are rarely the same at each setting due to differences in sensors, mounting or wear/bent arms. SOmewhere on here are my riginal hex codes with heights at each setting. I'd repost them but they are on a different system out in the shop.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts