RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 3300 miles on my 2013 sc and got a "suspension fault, caution when cornering" message last night. It's gone this morning. Air suspension would move from access to off road height without problem. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
There have been a few issues with the Dynamic Response System getting air into the line, and causing issues with both system operation and faults. The repair is simple, and just a bleed of the system, and will be covered by the warranty.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update. It has been in the shop all week and they can't seem to find anything wrong. Same story as most; they are going back and forth with the engineers, but the error code has not come back and there is no obvious mechanical fault. The thinking is that it is a sensor or relay and they are "working through it."

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
As strange of a suggestion as it might be to make to the service guys, they need to go drive the hell out of it, and take it through some tight corners. That is when the system operates, and when the fault will return if still present.

But I'm sure that LR Techline has already told them that if they were unaware.

·
Registered
96 Posts
All of these posts I keep seeing about people bringing their vehicles in for random little "fault" messages as opposed to actual breakdowns and it having to wait several days or weeks for the service dept to finish troubleshooting the problem with LR techs overseas is a little troubling to me. Although I've now purchased three RRs, all three were purchased within the last 8 months, so I'm still new to the rover scene. However, I absolutely refuse to let any dealer keep an otherwise perfectly functional vehicle for more than a single day for minor things like figuring out what is causing a warning light to come on. LR built the vehicle, so it should be capable of telling its dealers every possible cause for any given fault message since they designed each system on it. They can have it for a day and download whatever they want, but I don't keep multiple vehicles just sitting around my garage not in use, so some of these waits I hear people going through for fault message related service visits are a little alarming. Maybe I shouldn't have traded in the SC RR I bought last November for the 2014 AB I got two weeks ago. It sounds like I will be renting a bunch of cars in the future if I let them keep my truck as long as they want to keep it.

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
It all come down to the technician working on the vehicle. Unfortunately, a lot of dealerships do not put the money into training all of the techs fully, and will generally only have one or two who are. Past that, the technicians will often 'back burner' a trouble car, solely due to the way they are paid(it's by no means an excuse, but it does happen) A lot of dealerships have also been struggling over the past couple of years, and lost some of the better techs that they once had for a more cost effective alternative.

The other issue that comes up is that on newer vehicles, sometimes LR will want to be more involved with something, as opposed to letting it be fixed right away, so that a full investigation can be done to fully determine route cause, and if it will be a common issue and action needs to be taken, or if it is a one off problem.

None of this is fair to the customer in the least, but it is what happens. When I first started at the last dealership that I was at, there was a vehicle there that had less then 3,000 miles on it, and had been there for over a month, with no resolution, and not much progress made towards one. It took me less then two hours to figure out the problem, and the customer had the car back in a couple of days after that. Not trying to imply in the least that this instance was due to me being so much better then the guys that were there, just me taking the time to work on what everyone else thought was going to be a nightmare, and refused.

Some issues are unavoidable, and the best advise I can give any customer is to create a good relationship with the service department. When you have someone that cares about you as a person, and not just a customer number, things tend to go a lot quicker. Again, not fair, but keep in mind, it is a business.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I've a similar issue with my MY2013 Vogue.

When I start the car the air suspension works just fine. Raises, lowers all at the correct speed, no issues.

When I've been driving for about 5 minutes I get the "Normal Height Only" message on the dash and I cant raise or lower the suspension even if stopped. But if I switch ignition off and immediately back on again the suspension works OK and raises and lowers.

Any ideas....

·
Registered
159 Posts
This issue sounds to me like either a loose connection, due to age or vibration. Is there any possibility that these issues set codes. As far as I know, these systems use air for ride control, so I might be looking for maybe some moisture in the system. As I recall, these systems use a dessicant cartridge for moisture control. Considering the six to seven year span from build date to the present, the dessicant may be worn to the point of no longer controlling moisture. Ray

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
RABarrett
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing