Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Range Rover HSE
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2006 RR HSE is throwing a "Suspension Fault" error and also a "Suspension Fault Normal Height Only" message.

I found the Hitachi compressor and replaced it. It appears I may have thrown some money away because the problem persists.

When I start the car the compressor will run for about 2 seconds then it stops and it throws the "Suspension Fault". This is highly repeatable. I can hear no hissing anywhere in the system. If I remove the line that goes from the Valve block to the desiccant chamber there is pressure building up in there. Interestingly enough though, if i run the system with that line disconnected the pressure comes from the Valve block - which confuses me a bit.

I wonder if anyone has seen anything similar and perhaps could give me some pointers - I'm considering throwing away more money on a new valve block - but i have a strong suspicion i am barking up the wrong tree.

Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
2007 Range Rover 4.2 SC V8
354 Posts
You are barking up the wrong tree. Throwing money at an LR is the costly and long way to solve problems. You need to get the codes reads to diagnose it correctly. Could be a number of things. Sorry but without diagnostics and the actual fault code it's almost impossible to guide your next step.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Then you do not have a scan tool capable of reading each ECU...? Generic readers not work on LRs.

·
Registered
354 Posts
It will but it is limited to reading and clearing codes only, just so you are aware but for the price I thought it was a useful entry level tool. The gap can program and calibrate if you're looking to do that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts