RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Tonight i startend my rangie (model sport 2006) and i got an suspension fault " suspension fault only normal height availabel" .
Then i restarted the car and no problems !!!, the suspension is working fine.

What can it be, can i be that sand or dirt was in the suspension ?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ah, what are the costs for this repair ??? and can i check if this is the problem cause the suspension is just working fine (no sounds of something else)

·
Registered
521 Posts
It's the compressor. It's happened twice to me. fortunately under warranty. Should run you a cool Grand to fix out of warranty.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm, drove a bit but no errors at all ?!, the suspension sounds fine.
My battery is not so good anymore, it has to be replaced, can that be the reason for errors in the display. Last time my battery was very low and i got a message about de hdc (hill distance controle).

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
It definitely could be a bad / low battery. If there is not enough juice at startup, the car will throw all kinds of seemingly unrelated faults. Most of them will clear a few seconds after you start the engine (HDC, Park brake, Transmission faults being the ones I remember from when my original battery was about to die), but some may stick around until you "reboot".

·
Registered
55 Posts
I had the same thing a while back. Lets see the dealer replaced the air dryer, the compressor, the tank (it had a hole in it) and the one of the suspension height sensors. Took them a bit to figure out till the fault stayed on permanently. Good luck.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm getting this error about every other time I drive. Comes on about 2-3 minutes after getting going.
I hope my extended warranty covers it. I plan on dropping off at the LR shop soon for this and leaky sunroof.

·
Registered
14 Posts
What indication does the range rover use to indicate height level? Pressure switches? Potentiometers?
What about pitch/roll correction? Inclinometer?
Can any of these indicators foul, causing a trouble code?

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
wetoddid said:
What indication does the range rover use to indicate height level? Pressure switches? Potentiometers?
What about pitch/roll correction? Inclinometer?
Can any of these indicators foul, causing a trouble code?
The current inertial navigation system MINS 2 is the next generation of the well-proven MINS 1, which provides reliable service on many vehicles worldwide. MINS 2 is based on modern, state-of-the-art strap down ring laser technology, featuring the well-established Honeywell ring laser gyro GG 1320. It has flexible interfaces to the log and/or GPS receiver and supplies the following own vehicle’s data:

-Heading, roll, pitch angles and angular rates
-Linear velocity and acceleration
-Position
-Heave and heave rate
-Status

·
Registered
52 Posts
I had the same problem two weeks ago. Still under warranty so didn't cost anything but the dealer changed two things; a valve & the dryer. So far the suspension fault light hasn't came back on.

·
Registered
167 Posts
911toaRANGE said:
I had the same problem two weeks ago. Still under warranty so didn't cost anything but the dealer changed two things; a valve & the dryer. So far the suspension fault light hasn't came back on.
I have extended warranty, so hopefully it will only cost $100. I've got some other things (leaky sun-roof, and weird DVD issue) that I hope they can take care of under the same deductible.

How long was it in the shop?

·
Registered
52 Posts
gkwait,

Surprisingly it only took them around 6 hours to get it fixed. I was told to drop the vehicle off around 10:00 AM and got a call at 4:00 PM stating it was ready. I imagine if they had to change out the compressor it would have taken longer; then again the service department at the LR dealer in Baton Rouge, LA isn't ever busy.

As for the leaky sun-roof you may want to do a search, I think I remember reading a post a month ago that said the dealers have a new rubber seal for that issue.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just had the same message. It turned out to be an air compressor failure. Very disappointing for a car with 30000km and 16 months old. Luckily it's under warranty.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I just heard back from the shop.. Mine was compressor too... Luckily the extended warranty covered it.

But they would not cover: (and I am bitter about)
1. DVD player. A whole other topic, the saga continues.
2. Leaking sunroof adjustment. Guess i'll follow the instructions and try myself.

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
A while back, my leaking sun roof adjustment did not work - they replaced the whole sunroof. There was s slight gap on the back part of the sunroof, where if you looked closely, light was coming through, a water getting through . Folks at LR Frisco replaced it for me.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Frisco_TX_RRS said:
A while back, my leaking sun roof adjustment did not work - they replaced the whole sunroof. There was s slight gap on the back part of the sunroof, where if you looked closely, light was coming through, a water getting through . Folks at LR Frisco replaced it for me.
Thats where I took it.

Mine has the same issue, i can see the light through the gap.

They said the seal was fine and just needed to be adjusted, and the extended warranty wouldn't cover the labor to adjust. Ugh, so I am going to take a stab at it, and hopefully i don't mess up the seal... If I accidentally mess up the seal THEN the warranty will cover it. Annoying.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Frisco_TX_RRS said:
gkwait said:
.... LR Frisco replaced it for me.
Did you use David - he takes care of the customers well,
Yeah... he was good... I think my problem is more with the extended warranty company though... they are on my list of people to call.
Not sure about the 52,000 service though... $150... i'm walking a little funny from that oil change.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts