RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys... Long time member needing a little help here...

I have a suspension fault that comes on just about every time I drive now. The suspension fault is yellow and the code is C1B03-19 (Active control module directional control valve 1 circuit above threshold).

Took it to the dealer and they flushed out the system and changed the filter. RESULT: light stayed off for one day. COST: $650

Dealer now recommends to replace rear ACE bar and bushings. COST: $2,900. And, to replace ACE valve block. COST $1,800. TOTAL: $3,700 more plus tax.

Any ideas on the forum?

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
Re: Suspension Fault (Yellow) C1B03-19 - Long time member needing a little help here.

Wish I could help...the system is a mystery to me.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,462 Posts
Re: Suspension Fault (Yellow) C1B03-19 - Long time member needing a little help here.

Okay guys... Long time member needing a little help here...

I have a suspension fault that comes on just about every time I drive now. The suspension fault is yellow and the code is C1B03-19 (Active control module directional control valve 1 circuit above threshold).

Took it to the dealer and they flushed out the system and changed the filter. RESULT: light stayed off for one day. COST: $650

Dealer now recommends to replace rear ACE bar and bushings. COST: $2,900. And, to replace ACE valve block. COST $1,800. TOTAL: $3,700 more plus tax.

Any ideas on the forum?
I'd invest $400 and get the GAP tool, clear the fault and see if it comes back before dropping $3700. Secondly, I'd look for an indy shop...these labor rates will kill you, and there's no guarantee they fix the issue.

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts

This is what I found on alldata:

DTC:c1B0319

Description
Directional Control Valve 1

Possible Causes
Directional Control Valve 1 circuit: Very low resistance
Directional Control Valve 1 circuit: short circuit to power

Action
Check the directional control valve circuit

Reading on other sites, it could be the ACE ECU too

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thank you. Where is the ACE ECU located?

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts

Thank you. Where is the ACE ECU located?
See the sticky. Its called Dynamic Response now.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

See the sticky. Its called Dynamic Response now.
I can't seem to find the sticky you are referencing...

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts

I don't have a DR equipped vehicle, but I its on the driver side underneath the trim panel above the brake pedal. You have to remove the side trim panel and then loosen the 2 screws that hold the trim panel in place.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I'm taking it to an independent shop on Monday. If they cant figure it out... Is there a way to disable the fault?

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts

I am getting the same code and the DR warning light.
Where is this solenoid located?
Thanks in advance
RB
I found out by google. Looks like the solenoids are in the same block underneath the passenger side
where I replaced the pristine clean filter a few months back.
Thanks

·
Registered
844 Posts

Has anyone tried and succeeded at replacing a solenoid on the DR, or ACE block?
I tried tonight and could not see how it could be done without disconnecting the fluid pipes.
It seems to me that if I disconnected the pipes then the system would need to be bled afterward which appears to be a dealer job.
The code I am getting is the C1B 03---directional control valve 1

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

arby:

Did you resolve your issue?

·
Registered
844 Posts

Yes,, there are two solenoids on top of the valve block #1 is the front solenoid
I purchased a 27mm combination wrench and cut it in half with an angle grinder because there is very little wiggle room under there.
Undo the three bolts holding the valve block to the frame and you can get a bit more room by pulling the block down or using a small pry bar levering down on the fluid pipes gently. IIRC, you disconnect two electric connections, one to the solenoid and one to the block. Undo the nut on top of the solenoid and pull it up and out. The 27mm nut is fairly tight and you only get about1/8 or 1/16 of a turn each time. Keep flipping the wrench over. Watch the position of the o-rings. Very tight working space but the whole thing didn't take me too long.
There are little rubber o-rings on the three bolts that hold the block to the frame. I was unable to get these back on. Not sure why they are there. Two ideas, 1) they hold the washers in place for factory install, 2) they are to keep moisture out of the bolt threads in case old age might sieze the bolts.

Solenoid was $225 at the dealer, and 27 mm wrench was 12 bucks.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Do you have the part number for solenoid #1? Thanks in advance for your help...

·
Registered
844 Posts

Rvt500010.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
844 Posts

That's a good price. No more parts, just the 27 mm wrench.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

I ended up disconnecting the wire harness connected to the solenoid, blew it out with a can of air, sprayed the inside with WD-40, slid it on/off several times and made sure it was firmly connected. I did on 12/21 and have not seen the light come back since.

The reason I did this is because the error had to do with current and I thought it could possibly be the connection.

Do you think my results are a coincidence or could this have fixed it?

·
Registered
844 Posts

I definitely think that could have fixed it. It is subject to a lot of weather under there. I should have tried that first. Also the solenoid that you replace has no moving parts. It appears to be just a winding inside a sealed metal cylinder. It is like just half a solenoid. The moving part is in the valve block.
Smart thinking and a helluva lot cheaper than the quote you received.
Love to see good triumphing over evil like this.:)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts