RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone

When I got in the car tonight to go out (suspension was in access height) I got a message on the dash saying 'suspension lowered'. On the centre console height adjuster knob both the access height and standard height LEDs were lit - no others.

After a few seconds both of these LEDs went out and then no LEDs were on the display at all.

The car didn't get out of access height for the whole of my 10 mile drive and during the drive I stopped, switched it all off and then all back on again - no difference.

Then, after standing for 3 hrs I got back in to come home again and it sorted itself out - raising to standard height.

So - any ideas? Why did it do this? Dealer visit to have the ECU read for faults?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
My guess is a height sensor... or perhaps a fault with the ECU itself? Strange, because typically you'll see suspension inactive on the display if the lights on the selector go out, and then you are stuck until the faults are cleared. Either way, to know for sure you'd need to get the faults read. Chances are the problem will recur IMO, so you could wait until then if you don't mind the possibility of being stuck on bump stops (not such a huge problem if you aren't off-road).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi mine has just done the same after a service, now with dealer trying to sort, he says no problems with diagnostics must be a connection!!!!

Did you get yours sorted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts