RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, first off thanks for any input. I have a 2008 RRS 4.2L supercharged. Long story short awhile ago i randomly got a suspension fault and it put itself in extended height. I replaced the compressor and the relay, then replaced all 4 air bag struts. Still every time i turn it over i get an amber light suspension fault and i had it read because i dont have a system to read suspension codes. C1A13 turned out to be the pressure not decreasing when venting gallery. He told me it could be the front or back distribution blocks. When i read my 4x4 info all height sensors look okay but it could be in access height and it will say its in standard. I have an appointment with LR, but would like to work on my own. Could the computer be confused and just needs a hard PCM reset?

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
I agree with Frisco. Or did you verify all compressor connections are secured? The compressor actually holds, reports or releases the pressure in the line to the reservoir valve block where the "gallery" of valves exists. If you replaced the compressor with an AMK did you do the associated software flash? If you replaced with another Hitachi you should not require software flash.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did replace with an AMK compressor but did not do a software flash (im new to land rovers) i checked today and all fittings are tight, no air leaks or pinched hoses, just whenever i turn the vehicle over it errors out right away so a software update would make sense. I'm getting it looked at Monday so i will report back on the fix. Thank you guys!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To those it may concern, the issue was a wire connecting the exhaust valve to the computer. Somewhere along the wire the previous owner had duct tape wrapped around a sh**ty splice made in the wire. Thanks all who responded!

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
great news and just another example of the vast knowledge base on this forum. I sure wish JLR service managers would frequent this site to expedite customer trouble shooting and repairing the wrong things.
Ps. not all stealerships are really that bad.

·
Registered
131 Posts
For those that have gotten this issue without a bad splice, the problem is actually the factory connector under the driver headlamp. The terminals lose contact.

After replacing my compressor, gallery, filter, and silencer, it all led back to this PoS connector. I had the same issue on the passenger side with the terminals for the front height sensor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts