RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being a new to this forum I've done some digging around on this topic prior to posting, but wanted to get the most direct answer possible so please excuse me if this has been covered in depth elsewhere.

I have an '06 RR Sport (about 140k miles) that has luckily been pretty reliable for the past 100k miles or so.

The air suspension on it is completely shot. Doesn't raise at all and now sits lower than it did normally (almost looks like I've had the car lowered to the point where tires almost sit up inside wheel well). It rides like there is 0 suspension and any little bump makes the car wobble like crazy.

Heard it could be due to an electrical issue but I'm guessing with the mileage all of the compressors went. Wanted to get some more input here as I understand this is a common issue for lots so I can be more educated before taking it to get repaired (prefer to take to independent RR mechanic instead of dealer). Assuming its going to need all new compressors and also understand theres some electrical work involved as well. Putting up another post on separate electrical issues I'm having- probably unrelated to this but who knows.

Would greatly appreciate if someone can shed some light on this to give me estimation of costs to repair and what my options are. I think it's beyond point of trouble-shooting and just need to take it in for repair but want to know if the cost will be worth it.

Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
80 Posts
Re: Suspension Fault / Air Ride Completely Shot. Please help

There are compressor repair kits available for under $100- since it is a maintenance item, may as well do the kit to eliminate that as a possible problem.

I am sure folks more experienced than me will chime in about how to diagnose. Do you hear the compressor making noise at all or no?

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
144 Posts
Re: Suspension Fault / Air Ride Completely Shot. Please help

Get the compressor kit. I've rebuilt mine completely from eBay parts and it's like new. The other issue may be a leak which your going to have to find. Another useful tool is the GAP IDII sponsored on this site, most useful thing I've ever bought for the BigWhiteBison. ;) I have replaced all struts as well except left rear. The fronts were practically blown and acting as you describe. The right rear just kept dropping over a 48he period of non use. Anyway all easily fixed with a bit of elbow grease.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts