RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all

I have a suspension fault warning light on when i start up the car (2014 range rover sport) and it wont let me use the air suspension, has any one else had this, is it common is there a quick self fix or do i have to visit the dealer ?

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
It’s quite likely your front air shock/spring assemblies are leaking oil. Seems to be a common issue as these things age. I’d have your dealer (if under warranty still) or Indy shop take a look. If you have the mechanical aptitude, you’re better off sourcing replacement parts yourself and swapping them out in your garage (will likely save you ~$1k).

·
Administrator
27,802 Posts
:shock: HUH? "seems to be a common issue as these thing age"?

I have never heard of any LR product have oil leaking from their struts at only four years. Classic and P38's consistently and easily go 10 years and upwards of 90-100K miles on the original or rebuilt EAS systems. L322s very rarely have front strut failures resulting in leaking oil... Thus the reason Arnott painted so many of them and called them rebuilt. I

If oil leaking struts were a common issue this early in the 494 life span there would be dozens of posts complaining about a TSB needing to be released. :naughty:

·
Administrator
27,802 Posts
CD52, unfortunately there is absolutely no way to guess over the internet as to what the root cause for the fault is. You need to get hooked up to dedicated diagnostics to have the error code read before proceeding. DO NOT purchase new struts to throw money at what is most likely a simple electrical fault or damage to a height sensor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts