RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed the two front air springs because of a suspected leak (dropping to the bumpstops on all four corners overnight) but now the car drops on the front passenger side overnight. The other three corners stay up and the car rises immediately when started.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions because I've not come across another thread anywhere with this particular problem.

·
Administrator
27,800 Posts
This is very common problem when replacing p38 bags. It is usually as simple as the end of the air line has a minor flaw or the replacement bag had a flawed ORing. You can either trim the line a hair or use a pencil sharpener the angle the end of the line.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
768 Posts
There’s either a leak on the bag or block connection, or one of the valves might be not closing properly. Have you tried pulling the timer relay ( under left seat ) to see if it stays up.
when you changed the bags did you take a 1/16th off the pipe and slightly chamfer the edge with a pencil sharpener. Any scratches or marks will give a leak, especially over a time period.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many thanks to both of you. Sure enough when I opened the bonnet I could hear air escaping from where the pipe goes in. A quick go with a pencil sharpener and it seems to have stopped.

The longest part of the job was finding a pencil sharpener in the various "stuff" drawers I have in the house lol

·
Administrator
27,800 Posts
LMAO... I went out several years ago and bought the old style sharpener because I couldn't find one in my "stuff" drawers. I use it about every third bag job if I find a nick or rough spot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts