RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I can't decide if I have legitimate problems or if I'm obsessing over nothing on my new-to-me 2016 RR SCV8 and would love some input. There are three things with the suspension and one thing on the drivetrain (more on that at the very end) that have been bothering me since I got it in June:

1) I keep hearing a short, loud hum/goan/rubbing sound from the rear when turning right...but only when going over an uneven dip (like pulling out of a parking lot).

2) I have not driven any other L405's so I can't decide if the front suspension noise is loud or normal. It definitely pops pretty loudly when riding over bad roads and the ride in general feels more rough than I would have expected.

3) The front suspension raises up a noticeable amount every time I crank the car. Makes me think it's loosing air up front. I know some movement is pretty typical as the suspension system levels out, but my LR4 only made minor adjustments...this is quite noticeable.

I've taken it into the dealer for issues 1 & 2 and they claimed they couldn't reproduce either issue. I went back a second time and they had the master tech ride with me. I was able to reproduce both concerns and he confirmed he heard them both. Regardless, they kept the car for 3 days and said they didn't see anything so they just ran a bunch of software updates and gave it back saying it was fixed - but I can still reproduce both.

Now a new one has popped up since getting it back: I hear a grinding sound from the middle of the car when accelerating from a stop and turning. Assuming their software updates have caused something else to behave strangely they didn't intend.

So - am I obsessing or should I keep pestering the dealer to look deeper? It's a CPO purchase so I know it couldn't have passed inspection if there was something majorly wrong. But man...these things are going to drive me nuts until I know ether a) it's normal or b) they can be fixed.

ps: despite these little niggles, I’m absolutely in love with this car. Just ready to stop obsessing ?

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
293 Posts
I’ve had these symptoms on many of my RR’s including my 2018. The latest time they confirmed they heard an issue and said it was the transfer case. They replaced the fluid and ran a software update. It’s better but not perfect.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Go to another dealer. I can’t stress this enough.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover MkIV / L405
28 Posts
I had the same noise when turning over an uneven area in my 2016. The car seemed fine otherwise. When I had it serviced the dealer said nothing was wrong. I never heard that noise when I had a 2015 and also haven't heard it with the 2018. Never experienced any noise while going over bumps, though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts