RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!
So I just replaced the front air struts with NEW arnott air struts. I have noticed now that the suspension is correcting its level often and quite a bit. At times, but not all the time, after an overnight parked it will drop an 1 1/2 " from the front. I also at times get this from the 4x4 menu on the screen (attached). Not sure what steps to take?

Thanks

John, Los Angeles

2010 HSE NSC

Attachments

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
355 Posts
When you know you don’t need to use your car for 36 hours once parked on level ground, disconnect the battery and measure the height from the center of each wheel to a [chosen] reference point on the wheel arch.

Record the distance (cm will help but inch scale still works) of each wheel/arch and wait 24-36 hours and re-measure those distances and compare to the original #s.

By disconnecting the battery you’re isolating the EAS electrical inputs/compensating adjustment from the mechanical.

If the height remains constant you know you don’t have an air leak.

If it does “lower” you know it isn’t an electronic issue - it’s a leaking bag/pipe connection etc.

Rob

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Rob ! I will reply to this thread and report back. It's pretty frustrating to have new air struts and then have this issue. I think the shop did not calibrate the suspension or something else...

Thanks again for your response!

John

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
355 Posts
John,

Shouldn’t need any “calibration” for a simple strut replacement. Aside from often seized lower strut bolts, it’s a pretty simple job.

Each strut’s air supply pipe requires some knowledgeable inclusion of a small brass retaining collet where the pipe fitting is inserted into the strut’s air inlet orifice.

Wouldn’t be the first time a new strut leaks from there (or elsewhere) ;)

Looking forward to viewing your post-test results.

Rob

·
Registered
2005 L322
5 Posts
I'm having quite a similar issue. I purchased my 2005 L322 a little over a month ago with 112k on the clock. I noticed the "air suspension inactive" and "HDC inactive" warnings on the dash but it wasn't on the bumps. After purchasing I noticed a couple things. It leans to the left in the rear when parked for awhile and the best part; the previous owner replaced the front left strut with a spring strut! Just one spring strut. I replaced that strut with a new air strut and crossed my fingers as I lowered it. Thankfully it filled with air! I was scared something was damaged and that's why the spring was there. Anyway not to carry on ages and ages hence, my air suspension is still inactive. So I shall try your test! This is my first LR. Just downloaded RAVE. I feel like I'm in for it? Cheers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts