RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front suspension has recently been dropping intermittently. Sometimes when it does drop it won't raise for hours or days. Then it can stay up for days at a time. I've had it in a rr garage who after 2 days have said the air compressor is overheating and therefore opens a valve and let's the air out and as such need a new compressor at a cost of approx £1000. Anyone know if this is all correct?
Many thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
get the kit to replace the O ring inside the compressor with all Seals. I did mine. the kit cost £12, and now it works with unbelievable pressure.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It's half that price if you do it yourself

If anyone had find a better price please comment and quote me.

I do not sponser this business. I just did a search. Sorry for the advertisement

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
256 Posts
Next time you know you're not using the vehicle for a couple of days, with the vehicle at standard height, measure the height of the front bumper (from the ground) and then disconnect the battery for 36-48 hours.

If the front of the vehicle "drops" over that period, the problem is most likely to be one or both leaking front air suspension bladders. If it remains at the same height, the problem is more likely the valve or compressor (ie not a leaking airbag) or an electrical issue.

At least that'll set you headed in the right remedial repair direction.

Please report back on your finding(s).

Rob

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
get the kit to replace the O ring inside the compressor with all Seals. I did mine. the kit cost £12, and now it works with unbelievable pressure.
I've just bought repair kit will get onto it Saturday. Cheers
Next time you know you're not using the vehicle for a couple of days, with the vehicle at standard height, measure the height of the front bumper (from the ground) and then disconnect the battery for 36-48 hours.

If the front of the vehicle "drops" over that period, the problem is most likely to be one or both leaking front air suspension bladders. If it remains at the same height, the problem is more likely the valve or compressor (ie not a leaking airbag) or an electrical issue.

At least that'll set you headed in the right remedial repair direction.

Please report back on your finding(s).

Rob
I'm going to repair compressor then try your advice at weekend. I will post any results.
Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update. Have reconditioned compressor and still no change. Front will not pump up at all. I can hear pump running but no air is going i to the front. Although no air is released or inserted into rear. Am going to bite the bullet and order a new compressor and see what happens from there

·
Registered
256 Posts
Did you refresh the compressor assembly's drier filter too?

There's silica desiccant within the filter, to absorb moisture, and if that has crystallized your compressor's output may essential be blocked with solidified drier material.

Does the compressor produce pressure with the compressor hose to the distribution valve at the rear of the compressor assembly disconnected?

Rob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts