RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, and Happy New Year!

Am thinking of renewing all the suspension bushes on my 88 classic. Have looked at the Polybush kits but they seem expensive and the base kit doesnt include the shocker bushes etc. I have seen similar but cheaper kits by other manufacturers and am wondering if they are worth a try. I would appreciate comments from anyone who has used polybush or similar, tips etc. The vehicle is not used off road so am looking to simply freshen it up and make it feel a bit tighter. Would i be better simply using standard factory bushes?

Many thanks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Dangermouse
I last year replaced the bushes on my RRC LSE and my Discovery with the BRITPART Ploybushes,i went for these kit as like you i wanted a full kit inc shock bushes!,Having fitted the kit i straight away noticed a differance in both cars,they seem the handle much sharper but have not lost the comfort,The kits are very good with all bushes required for the car and good value to about £50 a kit.
I recently brought a RRC 1988 Vogue 3.5 efi in very good condition for its age which i am going to get a Britpart Polybush kit for!
A friend of mine has had a BritPart bush kit on his off roader now for about 2 years with no problem.
Hope this helps valveboy

1993 RRC LSE
1988 RRC Vogue 3.5 EFI
1996 Discovery ES

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi valveboy,
thanks for that, sounds like just what i need. I will look into them. Were they all easy enough to fit?

cheers,
DM

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi Dangermouse
They where all straight forward to fit,the only problem is getting out the orig bushes out,i was lucky to have a contact at a local garage with a press,so took the bits off the car,popped by and he pushed then out for me and it cost me about £20,it took about 20-30 mins to do.
Good luck Valveboy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts