RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all !

I have just bought a w reg 2.5 Dse, 89k, full Land Rover service History, new mot, and have two problems.

1. the climate control works good for the passenger side, but drivers side is just cold air, no matter what settings i change. the book symbol is on the display panel, any ideas ?

2. The suspension gives a bumpy ride. The height indicator panel light up as it should when starting, the access light stays on and the standard ride height light blinks all the time.
I have tried the setting switch on high and that blinks the same. i cant say ive noticed the vehicle moving up or down. No warnings or messages on the display panel.

Im not a complete Land Rover novice, I had a Discovery 2.5 Tdi for 5 years which I sold earlier this year, that taught me a lot, having not bought a good one in the first place ! :oops:

The garage I had it from knows it will be coming back, I wanted to arm myself with the correct information before hand. There advice on the suspension was to give it a good run as it had been standing for two weeks before i had it. Is it worth buying the lead and software off ebay to try with the suspension ?

Any help or advive would be most welcome, thank you royP38rover

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
1. Blend motors - do a search on here - major, dashboard out job.

2. EAS Drive Pack, pt no ANR3900. It cost about £150 for the part but its a 15minute job to change.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
1, yes, blend motor, BUT there are short-cuts for replacing (I've not done it though..)

2, worn out compressor is the first place to look, then the drive-pack. and yes, DEFINITELY worth buying the cable and downloading the unlock suite.

·
Registered
24 Posts
It has been below freezing in Chicago for the past few days and I am waiting for my blend motors to arrive. For what it's worth, I have found that I can get heat to blow on the driver's side of the car if I increase the passenger heat to 78 - 80 and hit the recirculation button. I'm not sure if this will work for you, but I hope it helps...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi and Thank you to you all for your advice.
I took it up the Motorway on Sunday and the suspension light stayed on and didnt flash!, it even lowered as it should at speed and more suprisingly the Heater started working on the drivers side!
This didnt stay like it though, Ten minutes of normal road driving later it went back to how it is now.
It did drive really nice on the Motorway.
Next Tuesday its being repaired by a Mobile Land Rover technician I found on the Internet, at home. The garage has agreed to pay for the repairs, rather than put me out by taking it there and not having a car etc. Reading the information on here has really helped when discussing the repairs, Big Thank you for that !
I will keep this updated, and when its been fixed incase it will help someone else.
I thought we had it cold, glad im not in Chicago !

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
royP38rover said:
Hi and Thank you to you all for your advice.
I took it up the Motorway on Sunday and the suspension light stayed on and didnt flash!, it even lowered as it should at speed and more suprisingly the Heater started working on the drivers side!
This didnt stay like it though, Ten minutes of normal road driving later it went back to how it is now.
It did drive really nice on the Motorway.
Next Tuesday its being repaired by a Mobile Land Rover technician I found on the Internet, at home. The garage has agreed to pay for the repairs, rather than put me out by taking it there and not having a car etc. Reading the information on here has really helped when discussing the repairs, Big Thank you for that !
I will keep this updated, and when its been fixed incase it will help someone else.
I thought we had it cold, glad im not in Chicago !
### UPDATE ###
Today I had Jason come to the house from land-roving-services. He has changed the compressor and the Blend motors on the Drivers side. I can now report that it is all working!
The blend motors took about 2 Hours without all the dash coming out and no cutting and drilling holes! Superb service, without having to travel to get it fixed.
He does have a web page www.mobilelandroverservices.co.uk , and fixed price ebay account. His number is 07903077948. Incase it will help anybody else out. I will be using him in future for any other repairs and servicing. :clap:
Snow on the way, cant wait now lol! (except at work being snowballed by school kids!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts