RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok never done this before but front bags leaking like sieves so bought 2 new ones from rimmers -- doing offside first depressurised via rsw software(10 mins) disconnected air line from offside bag (1 min) removed wheel arch liner (20 mins), clips from bottom of air bag(5 mins)retaining bolt.. (5 mins), pin gosh that was so long! (40 mins) thing is i can't remove the bag - there seems to be insufficient room to dislodge and drag the bottom of the bag out and no way of removing it from the top of the bag === my searching hasn't brought up what i'm doing wrong.................

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have made clearance by placing a jack and a block of wood under a frame member. Once you jack it up, you'll have plenty of room. I also partially deflate the back by bending it in half to work it out.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
I guess you're supporting your vehicle from axle, all well but now you need to lift frame from axle in order to make clearance and the ability to remove / install your bellows.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks both = that's what i thought - had lifted on jack at the axle then got it dropped as far as \i could by relocating the jack but clearly not in the correct location == am away now for a week so restart next weekend -- thanks again - appreciated

1 - 4 of 4 Posts