RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much cleaning my P38 today I went to park it back on the drive and it wouldn't start.It is a 2001 model year

Both remotes that were working perfectly now don't work. I can start the car with the EKA code but still nothing from the remotes, I tried all the different re-sink methods I could find but nothing works.

Checked the fuses.

I checked the RF receiver in the back didn't get wet and that was ok. I checked it had 12v between the black and purple and 0v between black and ground. there is 8.6v between black and red/yellow and it dips to 8.0v - 8.2v when pressing the remote buttons.

I read the BeCM can change the code all on its own and needs reprogramming?

all the door locks work and it will lock/unlock and superlock with the key.

Is this looking like I need to get someone to look at the BeCM? Is there anything else i can check?

Thanks for any advise in advance

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
7 Posts
Try connect with diagnostic to BeCM. If it not possible, that means your becm is in "alarmed" status and need unlock with special tools directly in mcu inside becm.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this morning i put the rf receiver back in as i removed it last night and tried to put the eka code in but it wouldn't work, put the key in the ignition and it wouldn't start, pressed the unlock button and it worked.

I tried the same thing many time yesterday but it didn't work, is it possible something upset it yesterday and it will be ok now or is something on its way out?

thanks for the help

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
7 Posts
Check you fuse box under bonnet. Take it out and disassembling, could be watter inside? All contacts clean?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts