RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 Range Rover HSE

I have a front passenger door. Its stuck locked and has been for a while. I read all the forum threads here on the subject and it seemed as if I was going to have to break the latch from the inside and yata yata. That's not really a priority at the moment so I have just left it.

I had 4 brand new tires installed yesterday. I'm driving away and I notice the passenger side door is unlocked. I called the shop and they say the only thing they did was reach in the window and open it from the inside.

How did they do that when I have done that and a million other things a million times! They say they did no sort of computer code clearing or anything.

Do you think having it lifted and the tires of the ground did it? What could they have done while changing the tires that caused it to open for them when it wouldn't for me?

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
241 Posts
A lot of cars will unlock the doors if the vehicle is involved in a collision, maybe them jacking it up made it think it was crashing so it unlocked the door.... whatever happened it's a good result for you, much cheaper than the option... just make sure you don't lock it with the fob until it's sorted...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts