RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My L322 is superlocked and my key got run over so the transmitter is dead. That is, I can't get in mechanically or electronically. Can a locksmith use a slim jim on the passenger side to get me in? I think I can fix things once i can get back inside. Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a 2007. I'm not sure what the difference between superlocked and a broken latch cable would be... they may even show the same symptoms. The lock is up inside the door, but the handle isn't doing anything. Thanks for the "don't break the window" advice.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, that's the weird thing - mechanically, the key makes the lock go up and down, but the handle doesn't do anything. Does that mean it's a broken cable instead of being superlocked? Also, how can I get in? Would a locksmith be able to get me in one one of the other doors?

Thanks

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
24 Posts
I got locked out thanks to a flat battery. I already knew the exterior door handle was toast, but could access once I used the blipper via another door. Waiting for space under cover to do the repair needed on the locking system, but pretty sure it is the cable.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, thanks man - If it's the cable, will the handle on the inside of the door still work, or does a broken cable affect both the inside and the outside handle?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
There is no lock cable inside the door, there is an electronic switch attached to the lock cylinder that communicates with the BCU which then unlocks the door thru the lock solenoid.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The internal and external release cables are separate parts. I plan to look at them, and the actuators, and possibly replace the lot from a low miler compatible, or for the driver lock at least, new.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
323 Posts
I got locked out of my LR3 with the car still running (in Mojave CA). The AAA guy came from Lancaster and took 15 minutes to get in. Fed a stiff wire puller through the weather seal at the top of the passenger door, down to the inside door handle and pulled it open. Not sure if that's relevant but that's my only experience with being locked out of a Land Rover.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All, I'm back in, thanks to a locksmith. We were able to reach a long wire from the passenger side and pull the interior door latch on the driver's side door. Until I can fix it, I'll just have to leave it unlocked and reach across to open the door. I got a couple of heads-ups about an emergency tether, but I looked and fished for it, and I couldn't find or even see it. Maybe some models / years had it, while others didn't, orrrrr, heck I don't know. As ever, thanks for the advice and help, Lock

·
Registered
24 Posts
Great to hear you got in! I am awaiting delivery of new exterior lock cables, and will hopefully be able to forgo my current regime of a string attached to the driver's side internal handle, accessing from the one remaining working exterior door pull on the rear passenger side! Luckily the days are dry right now so I am able to leave the windows down for convenience!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts