RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 1998 4.6 P38 HSE the superlock doesn't sound the horn. I replaced my batteries in the fob and re-matched the fob to the car by pressing and holding the lock button and rotating from lock to unlock 3 times. Now the Range will superlock but it wont sound the horn. Any ideas?

·
Administrator
27,798 Posts
Additionally I would reevaluate the use of "superlock". There really is little if any need for it especially in your area. Superlock causes far more issues than it is worth for most folks.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Additionally I would reevaluate the use of "superlock". There really is little if any need for it especially in your area. Superlock causes far more issues than it is worth for most folks.
seeing as my car has been broken into several times when I don't superlock it I would disagree with you

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
690 Posts
How the other half live, I guess ;-) One day I'll get round to fixing the locks in mine. I should really remember to start taking the key out...

·
Registered
666 Posts
neither my UK RHD 97 nor 98 sound the alarm siren when deadlocking - only if there is a mislock - I can't see anywhere in the handbook where it says it should - more likely a lock issue perhaps / bonnet open switch -- any messages on dash when locking?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Mine doesn't beep when locking, never has. And I use super lock pretty much all the time, if you maintain the car, you shouldn't have a problem with super locking. Lots of scare stories around re this feature.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts