RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am a new member and I got my a 1990 RR County a few months ago.

I was wondering if anybody has actually tried a supercharger in a Classic and if it is worth to make the investment? If so, what brand and if possible the part number? Thanks so much for your assistance

·
Registered
318 Posts
brakes ,suspension, tyres, steering, handeling kit and a very good sound engine to start with very exppensive if you need to fix all the faults before doing it i have tunned mine and have spent £15k on parts along getting mine upto a standard to fit a hi spec 5.1 v8

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your responses, I am very happy with the car over all, and I am looking to get a little more power on departures from a stop only. Traffic in costa Rica is very bad, drivers are umpredictable for the most part and roads and streets have lots of potholes, pedestrians and bicycles, even on highways! This will make a high performance almost useless. I had a Mercedes E320 2003 with sport package before and I was able to go over 120 km/h only at night in one freeway and only for a few seconds since the rest is surronded by commercial and residential areas. So, that is why I thought about a supercharger to improve my RR just a bit. I have had much more fun with this car than I had with any before. There is almost no place I have not been able to go and almost anything I've would said I better don't do :dance:

My RR has a ZF 4HP22 4 speed auto w/torque convertor lockup in 4th gear.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I believe land rover would only use your transmission up to about 230hp, as the later 4.6 have a bigger box. Not sure what motor you've got. A 3.5 i'd get high compression pistons (I think these are around 9.35:1) and a 'high torque' cam (or a non serpentine belt 3.9 cam I believe also works), i've driven a series 3 110 ute with this motor in and it's seriously quick. If you've got the 3.9 i'd be re-chipping it, (go for a Mark Adams chip, there's a lot of rouges willing to ruin your engine), and a piper 215 cam, and it'll put out about 220hp from what i've read. I've got a standard 3.9 with the later pistons (I think they're smaller combustion chamber cc and have 'divits' to swirl the fuel mixture around the chamber better, I think these pistons were used 93-95), however it does 0-100kph just shy of 10 seconds, which for me is plenty fast enough....except for one big sand dune in South Australia that's yet to be conquered `) . If your feeling adveturous you could put a td5 diesel out of a discovery. I've been waiting for someone to tell me how this is done... :thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts