Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just recently aquired a 2017 RRS auto. Loving it so far.

Just have to ask if anyone knows any technical info on the factory supercharger?? All I can seem to find out is that it is manufactured by Eaton I believe one of their TVS 6th gen superchargers. As there are a few different models listed, I was wondering if anyone here can shed some light on this.

·
Registered
2015 Range Rover Sport SCV8 HSE Dynamic
632 Posts
It seems it's an Eaton M112

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hi all,

Just recently aquired a 2017 RRS auto. Loving it so far.

Just have to ask if anyone knows any technical info on the factory supercharger?? All I can seem to find out is that it is manufactured by Eaton I believe one of their TVS 6th gen superchargers. As there are a few different models listed, I was wondering if anyone here can shed some light on this.
It is the TVS 1900 from Eaton. For the application it is a really good unit. It only sees 14k rpm at our redline but Eaton rates it for 18k which is why the pulley upgrade is so popular and effective for it. It can only support 650-660 crank hp no matter how hard you spin it or inject meth, port polish it, etc... Its just physically unable to move more air then that.

I wish someone would make a upgrade kit for the TVS 2650. All the measurements are the same except the case is 40 mm longer and the port is moved back as well to match. Not a big deal really, would just be fun. I ran a VAP stage 2 (lower pulley and tune) on my 2016 and its great for a daily driver.

·
Registered
632 Posts
@Gpplutta thanks for the info, where does the M112 come from? i keep seeing it whenever I look for supercharger oil for L494

·
Registered
200 Posts
No problem. The M112 is what was used on the older 4.2 liter 2006-2009 supercharged V8 found in the Rovers and Jags.

·
Registered
632 Posts
No problem. The M112 is what was used on the older 4.2 liter 2006-2009 supercharged V8 found in the Rovers and Jags.

thanks, do we know what spec oil is needed for the TVS1900?

Also, what pulley mod would you recommend?

·
Registered
632 Posts
does anyone know if the supercharger oil kit for the M112 will be adequate for the TVS1900?

thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts