Range Rovers Forum banner

Supercharger Conversion

5K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  tedxenos 
#1 ·
New member here from SoCal.
I’ve done some searching here and most conversations are quite old.
I have recently acquired a non S/C 2011 HSE.
5.0 V8.
I am wondering about current options for supercharging this engine. Googled a bit did not see a conclusive option.
there are a couple of S/C engines for sale on EBay $$$$! Has anyone ever heard of someone replacing/ retrofitting an SC engine into a straight HSE?
Am I asking for trouble?

thank you
Peter

#2 ·
New member here from SoCal.
I’ve done some searching here and most conversations are quite old.
I have recently acquired a non S/C 2021 HSE.
5.0 V8.
I am wondering about current options for supercharging this engine. Googled a bit did not see a conclusive option.
there are a couple of S/C engines for sale on EBay $$$$! Has anyone ever heard of someone replacing/ retrofitting an SC engine into a straight HSE?
masking for trouble?

thank you
Peter
I assume you meant 2012?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Sell your HSE and buy a S/C or Autobiography. I can’t see any reason to go through all the effort of trying to convert your HSE to a S/C. They built plenty of 2010-2012 Supercharged Range Rovers. These don’t command a significant premium over the base HSE model. So if you want a Supercharged RR, buy one up front, don’t try to convert one. It wouldn’t be cost effective.

#5 ·
I see your point Bill. The S/C and autobiography are quite common here
in LA. Almost all of them white and black.

The car I found is so clean, it’s astonishing. With only 55k miles, I brought it to a Range Rover dealer to get a PPI and they were amazed. As with many things automotive, there is a matter of taste involved. The tan interior and the Baltic blue are handsome combo, I personally much prefer the L322 to the later model, the seats on mine look barely used, even the driver’s seat looks fresh. So the idea of supercharging this particular one got stuck in my head, but I see numerous others on Autotrader and such, mostly with high miles.

#6 ·
I would enjoy the Rover you purchased. Do you really feel that you are lacking power with your non-supercharged version? I have the non-supercharged version and I don’t feel like I am missing any power. There are some negative draw backs to the super charged version.

#7 ·
I would enjoy the Rover you purchased. Do you really feel that you are lacking power with your non-supercharged version? I have the non-supercharged version and I don’t feel like I am missing any power. There are some negative draw backs to the super charged version.

Nathan,
Thank you, you’re probably right. It’s a curiosity more than a need. As a newbie geek who loves fussing with this gorgeous car, I was just wondering what options exist, and if was technically possible to drop the S/C engine into our cars without other modifications, pipe dreams all...
I’m glad to be here at this forum because I’d like to keep this beauty running as an example of classic RR style and quality. I’ve had other fine cars, even a Silver Shadow, and loved its interior, I’ve never been in a car that made felt more luxurious and elegant than this one...thanks
Peter

#11 ·
Love the Red, very nice and very rare. The trailer hitch was on my list but the one I found does not. I have a used hitch and the wiring loom is cheap. I figured the effort was a trade off for not having the possibility of transmission abuse between the 500+ hp engine and a giant boat or equivalent. Actually doing the mod coming soon.

#18 ·
is that your blue with tan interior does it have the lux interior?
I have a 2010 FFRRSC with all the bells and whistles wanna trade,
I had the timing system refreshed by the dealer and just installed new front end shocks and lower control arms

#19 ·
is that your blue with tan interior does it have the lux interior?
I have a 2010 FFRRSC with all the bells and whistles wanna trade,
I had the timing system refreshed by the dealer and just installed new front end shocks and lower control arms
Not sure if it had the “ LUX “ interior it’s an HSE, I’m confused, are you asking if I “wanna trade?”

#21 ·
I looked into this on my '05 and again on a '10. It is not worth it. What needs to be replaced, and reprogrammed is immense. Do you really want to spend what you did to buy your truck AGAIN, and then watch it sit in a shop for 3 - 6 months? Enlist a car buying service and let them hunt down a SC model in the color combo you want nationwide.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.