RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, im thinking of selling my 04 and getting a newer 06 and up supercharged rover, can anyone tell me what the main differences are besides the power and if its worth it to get the supercharged over the HSE? Do they handle better? Big power difference?

TIA :)

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
If you can swing it, you should get the S/C. Up until 2010, the power difference is huge. The HSE will feel like your '04, but the S/C is pretty much... FAST. Aside from that, the S/C has a tighter suspension and definately handles better. The interior is a little more luxurious, the grills and taillights are different (personal taste) and the S/C comes with better brakes and 20" wheels. There were some minor interior changes around '07-'08, but I don't remember exactly what they were. Maybe the other members can be more specific on that . I would say drive both and shop around, there are alot of good choices in the market right now.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Get the HSE. It rides better, doesn't have the pimped looks and if you want performance, buy the HSE and a Lotus. No amount of power will make a Range Rover fast or a performance car. Tightening the suspension only makes it ride rougher. Get an 07 or newer.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
If you can afford it you might as well get the supercharged... I didn't bother with the supercharged because I own other supercharged cars and I see it simply as another thing that can and will go wrong down the road... The supercharger just puts additional stress on everything down the drive line, truck will never be fast, so why bother...

That's my opinion.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I regret not getting the S/C after driving my friends 07. The power difference is noticable but the biggest thing I liked was how it handled especially when taking right or left turns. It felt more like my 06' RR Sport and my 06' HSE seems to lazy when making turns. Go for the S/C!

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
446 Posts
S/C. My first 2 were HSE's, and if you can spring for it the S/C just feels more special. And if you want to offroad it and replace the wheels with 18" ones, you just have to replace the rotors!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts