RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everybody,

I'm in progress of upgrading the RR 2012 Supercharged brakes, so I bought EBC Rotors + Brake Pads and would like to replace original brake lines with stainless steel lines. Please help to find them online(I can't get anything online, I see STOPTECH for RR Sport) and please recommend\share you feedback if you have any experience around this.

Thank you.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
346 Posts
I don't know anything about your specific application, but a friend of mine put SS lines on his Chevy Silverado. His experience was that the SS lines were extremely hard to work with and even harder to get to seal properly. Flaring was tough as SS is much harder than standard lines. He had to repeatedly remove and rework them, disconnecting them at anchor points so he could get optimal contact at the fitting. For him it was a must do as the design of the cab causes normal lines to rot out and he needed the longevity of SS lines. Performance wise nothing was gained.

With that context you should decide if you really want SS lines and how much of each line run you going to replace. If you really want them you can bend your own or have a shop do it noting that bending and flaring is much more difficult.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
The benefit of them is under heavy braking/high temp standard lines can bulge then eventually collapse, stainless lines can deal with the temps. If you're doing a lot of aggressive braking not a bad idea, otherwise unnecessary. That said I'm sure you can find them online somewhere or have them made, just bring your stock lines to a brake shop and have them done.

·
Registered
2011 Range Rover Supercharged
133 Posts
Not sure if anybody makes SS braided flex lines for the L322 platform. Not really sure it’s necessary. In a track car the SS flex lines can help reduce brake fade and provide a firmer pedal feel in high heat heavy continued braking situations.
If you are worried about the integrity of your current flex lines, just replace them with new factory parts.
Regarding the flaring and sealing of Stainless lines, that only applies to the hard lines. I believe the OP is only talking about flex lines at each wheel.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for the feedback, my motivation to replace them is positive feedback from range rover owners(russian community), like provide a firmer pedal feel specifically. I use to drive diff BMWs with M or Sport packages and I still have X5 and I just would like my RR have the same brakes feedback as my stock X5.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Agree it is unclear as to OP wants the flex hose or the lines in SS, although his link shows braided lines. If he wants the lines I don't see any advantage performance wise. If he wants the flex hose SS braided is an upgrade. If no SS flex hoses can be found one can always measure what is currently on the car and look for something that has the same couplings and specs, looking at the STOPTECH Ebay link he provided, they appear to fit his application.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Agree it is unclear as to OP wants the flex hose or the lines in SS, although his link shows braided lines. If he wants the lines I don't see any advantage performance wise. If he wants the flex hose SS braided is an upgrade. If no SS flex hoses can be found one can always measure what is currently on the car and look for something that has the same couplings and specs, looking at the STOPTECH Ebay link he provided, they appear to fit his application.
I need flex SS wrapped\braided hose. Do you mean that Range Rover Sport and Range Rover have the same lines? Thank you.

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
If you are worried about the integrity of your current flex lines, just replace them with new factory parts.
Thus the reason there was a recall, not just a TSB, for the factory flex lines on later l320 and l322 platforms. Customers were reporting seepage and in a couple cases failure. There are threads in both forums with the info, VIN ranges, etc.

·
Registered
346 Posts
OP: Look at the fitment guide on the Ebay link you provided it shows that for certain years the L320 and L322 share the same lines.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OP: Look at the fitment guide on the Ebay link you provided it shows that for certain years the L320 and L322 share the same lines.
I still don't see what are you talking about, it says that this brake lines compatible with RR > 2009, but mine is 2012

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thus the reason there was a recall, not just a TSB, for the factory flex lines on later l320 and l322 platforms. Customers were reporting seepage and in a couple cases failure. There are threads in both forums with the info, VIN ranges, etc.
So your recommendation is to replace it with new OEM brake lines?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts