RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I’m new to the chat. I recently purchased a 2008 Land Rover Range Rover supercharged 4.2L. I have a buddy who makes pulleys. I’m going to have him make some new pulleys out of aluminum so I can swap when I get the new belt. I’m planning on upgrading the supercharged pulley to a 15%. He asked me “How much is a factory pulley that I can use the offset and Id measurements” and I can’t seem to find the answer. Anything helps thanks so much for your time!

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
548 Posts
Hey everyone! I’m new to the chat. I recently purchased a 2008 Land Rover Range Rover supercharged 4.2L. I have a buddy who makes pulleys. I’m going to have him make some new pulleys out of aluminum so I can swap when I get the new belt. I’m planning on upgrading the supercharged pulley to a 15%. He asked me “How much is a factory pulley that I can use the offset and Id measurements” and I can’t seem to find the answer. Anything helps thanks so much for your time!
74mm have to be
On 6000rpms eaton produces 12000rpm if you put a 65mm pulley you get 13000rpm from charger
Main problem is software, you must find the software first

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
616 Posts
Make sure you know what you’re getting into.
I looked into some minor power upgrades and found a can of worms.
Changing the lower pulley affected other ancillaries. Changing the upper yielded less power than the lower pulley swap and required machining the snout.
Increasing boost also heat soaks the supercharger in effect reducing boost due to change in air density from heat.
Figure out how to deal with increased heat and it will work, but only for a pass or two.
I didn’t feel it was cost effective.
Best bang for the buck is a good porting and polishing and port matching of supercharger and heads, though it is the most invasive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts