RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

This is my first post and hoping to be a new owner soon. I'm looking at new 2012 RR vouge, i can't really make up my mind to which engine to go with between the supercharge and the diesel turbo.

so to whom have test, owned, drive either before, please compare which you like better and why. :idea::idea::idea:

Advance tks for all replies.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
153 Posts
Diesel Turbo all the way!, Fairly economical and the turbo from my knowledge doesn't run your engine hard. Also turbo engines are known to live longer then others :) I would go TDI Diesel all the way, you may not have a lot of HP but then again you wont be going from 0-60mph in the record time at every stop light. By the end it really depends on how you will be using the vehicle, if you have a heavy foot then I would say go the Supercharger way, if you are the guy who is in no rush and doesn't need to impress a ton of women then I would go TDI being the more healthier choice.

Ps. IMO I would suggest you hold off on the buy unless you absolutely need a RR right away (which most of us do hehe). The reason being that the 2013 RR is supposed to be unveiled sometime in fall, which is not too far away.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
153 Posts
Huh well I didn't see that coming ahaha. I had based my hypothesis on the unveiling of the new RR on an article I read regarding the new GL450. Apparently Mercedes had unveiled the new GL class prior to the fall season because they did not want competition with the newly designed RR. I guess the marketing team at Mercedes is losing it.
@Vouge, my opinion about the TDI is still intact :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts