RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Newbie here. I have read a lot of the super lock issues but none quite like this one.

I have a 2010 RRS which is fully loaded. Its a real High spec car that was owned by Land rover Gaydon Engineering.

I have just bought the car and unfortunately dealer did not prepare the car fully and i have some issues i am trying to resolve. I will put on different posts.

I bought the car and have travelled overseas touring so am not able to get back to the dealer but i will get all the repairs done and back charge!!!

This particular issue got me stung though, The Super lock part of the locking system does not seem to be engaging. If i lock the car with one press of the remote the doors lock. If i use 2 quick presses then the horn chirps signalling the Superlock engaged but if i sit in the car and have someone lock the car then step away out of range of the key sensor. I am able to open the door from inside the car. I only found this after someone smashed the rear quarter window, gained access to the cabin and stole my computer and documents!!!!!!!!

Ont the LR computer system it shows the Super locks is active and the chirp is for the super lock activation. Would really appreciate help on this one as once i have the window replaced i need the security.

It would also seem that i do not have proximity sensors in the cabin although the Diagnostic system show that they can be activated. Can these be installed?

I appreciate any help that can be given on this issue

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Superlock is disabled here in North America (silly liability reasons...), so most members of our US-based forum will be of limited help on this, I'm afraid. Same goes with the alarm's volumetric sensors inside the cabin, AFAIK North America spec cars here are supplied only with perimetric sensors for doors and hood/boot, not with tilt or motion sensors. Is your car UK-spec?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi There and thanks for the reply,Probably more helpful than thought as i think it is a US spec Car. It is Left hand drive and the 5.0l SC which i am not sure is available in the UK,So this may explain a lot. Can the superlocks be reactivated somehow?

·
Registered
151 Posts
If you press the remote twice quickly, you disable the volumetric alarm inside the vehicle. That is why you are able to open the doors from the inside. It is to prevent your occupants from suffering a long and ardious death inside the vehicle while you are off doing something important somewhere else. A look in the owners manual will tell you how it all works.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you press the remote twice quickly, you disable the volumetric alarm inside the vehicle. That is why you are able to open the doors from the inside. It is to prevent your occupants from suffering a long and ardious death inside the vehicle while you are off doing something important somewhere else. A look in the owners manual will tell you how it all works.
Hi Stephen,Yes Newbie to the Site but not to Land rover and this is not the case i am afraid. Super-locks are engaged from a Double click with the Keys outside the car. The remote does not operate inside the car. One click locks the car without the alarm. I will dig out the link to the guide for use and post it. Or on UK cars it is like this.Cheers,

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not a problem Stephen,

Does anyone know how to tell if the car is a USA SPEC and if it indeed is, is there a way to have the fully functioning SUPERLOCKS? The car goes through the motion on the double click and chirps just like it says it should. Also Can the Internal Sensors for the alarm system (Volumetrics) also be installed?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
The VIN should tell you which market the car was spec'd for (or you can ask any authorized dealer and they'll decode the VIN for you.) You can also register in Topix - free of charge - then enter the VIN and you should get the complete story and original standard equipment and options for the car: http://topix.landrover.jlrext.com

1 - 10 of 10 Posts