RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, do I love the way that this truck drives and the MPG is amazing...but everything else about the truck is so broken!!! I do not think this would bother me as much but my average wait time to get an appointment here in NJ is 4-6 weeks and when I do drop it off they have it for at least a week if not longer. I dropped if off mid-week this week for the third or fourth time and the truck has not even been started or moved since I dropped it off...I really think that I am at my whitts end. Last time I picked up the truck the drivers seat which is broken was "fixed" until I open the door and the it immediately broke.

Most of the issues are either trim pieces falling off, the two displays going blank and the AC on coming full blast while both of the screens are completely inoperable. Now, I am getting SOS system not available errors and a super rough idle (the 16k service was just done) and reduced performance mode....does anyone have a contact with LRNA as I really don't want to Lawyer up as that really slows things down with a dealer I have an amazing history and relationship with....in my state the third time needs to be followed by a certified letter of last attempt at repair...which I will do but I am totally open to advice on people that have had a vehicle re-purchased prior to litigation. I am all for the files with honey approach but this is getting a little ridiculous. 2018 HSE TD6 in question.

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
get your self an attorney that specializes in your state's lemon laws. You will need every receipt for all the work that has been done under warranty as well as notes on things not addressed by the dealer.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya, I have been through the process on a Audi S6 avant...just once the attorney's show up and good will is lost.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Look up some of my old posts from 2015 for my issues and dealing with LR customer service.
Another member, vaserRRS, also had issues at that time, that led to a buy back.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Wanted to add, that after my initial issues, the 2015 RR ATB has been great and my dealership visits the last few years are only for required service/maintenance. I'm at 41k miles now.

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
972 Posts
This is an interesting subject. I think JLRNA headquarters are in New Jersey. Maybe you should try contacting them directly and discuss your issue and don't mention getting an attorney involved. I've contacted them with a few issues in the past and they were very helpful even though I've never purchased a brand new Range Rover...all of mine have been pre-owned. I would think you should have more leverage if you purchased a brand new Range Rover. Just be very persistent but do it in a respectful and peaceful manner.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
276 Posts
This is an interesting subject. I think JLRNA headquarters are in New Jersey. Maybe you should try contacting them directly and discuss your issue and don't mention getting an attorney involved. I've contacted them with a few issues in the past and they were very helpful even though I've never purchased a brand new Range Rover...all of mine have been pre-owned. I would think you should have more leverage if you purchased a brand new Range Rover. Just be very persistent but do it in a respectful and peaceful manner.
Sorry to say that is not so you might have been helped with some simple things but once it comes to any technical support or any problems with servicing you vehicle they are deaf dumb and mute. They are not eager to follow through and take care of you the way they should. The reps who answer probably know less about there vehicle than we do, the data base that they read from is everything that is publicly available to us. Sure initially they are all nice and sweet and make you feel like they are going to do everything they can for you but once they talk to dealerships they always take their side of the story and then repeat the same answers that you got from dealership back to you. You wait days or weeks for a resolution but then you get blown off.

Perhaps you were better serviced by them because your vehicle was out of warranty and no longer their responsibility.... Its so sad because as new vehicle owners all we want is to have our vehicles operating the way they should so we can really enjoy out INVESTMENT yes we pay a high price for JLR vehicles and with that one would expect a more refined service Above And Beyond

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
972 Posts
Sorry to say that is not so you might have been helped with some simple things but once it comes to any technical support or any problems with servicing you vehicle they are deaf dumb and mute. They are not eager to follow through and take care of you the way they should. The reps who answer probably know less about there vehicle than we do, the data base that they read from is everything that is publicly available to us. Sure initially they are all nice and sweet and make you feel like they are going to do everything they can for you but once they talk to dealerships they always take their side of the story and then repeat the same answers that you got from dealership back to you. You wait days or weeks for a resolution but then you get blown off.

Perhaps you were better serviced by them because your vehicle was out of warranty and no longer their responsibility.... Its so sad because as new vehicle owners all we want is to have our vehicles operating the way they should so we can really enjoy out INVESTMENT yes we pay a high price for JLR vehicles and with that one would expect a more refined service Above And Beyond
Would you call a complete engine replacement a "SIMPLE THING"? My experience with JLRNA has been pretty good since I started driving Range Rovers. I do understand that everyone has a different experience with them but the key is being very persistent and amicable. You have to go further than the reps who answer the initial call. Always request to speak with a manager and if that manager doesn't help then ask to speak with his boss. I also send emails which seem to get their attention better than phone calls. Once again, I've never purchased a brand new Range Rover so I am not familiar with the buyback process or how it works. I'm just happy that my experience with the pre-owned Range Rovers that I've purchased has been pretty good so far.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Would you call a complete engine replacement a "SIMPLE THING"? My experience with JLRNA has been pretty good since I started driving Range Rovers. I do understand that everyone has a different experience with them but the key is being very persistent and amicable. You have to go further than the reps who answer the initial call. Always request to speak with a manager and if that manager doesn't help then ask to speak with his boss. I also send emails which seem to get their attention better than phone calls. Once again, I've never purchased a brand new Range Rover so I am not familiar with the buyback process or how it works. I'm just happy that my experience with the pre-owned Range Rovers that I've purchased has been pretty good so far.
No I wouldn't call that a simple thing and i didn't mean to belittle your experience or trash your comment. You even said yourself that you have to ask for a manager and if still no satisfaction than his or her boss, you also mentioned that you follow up with emails to get a better response. all good things to do But should we really have to jump through all those hoops to feel important and taken care of.

I was simply trying to to say that is not proper customer service we should not have to say let me speak to your boss because your not able to help me and then if he or she cannot help me than I want to speak to someone above you. I know you get it, i am glad you were taking care of and am happy, that is all we all want. The most important time to treat a customer properly is when there IS a problem this way it makes them feel safe and reassured that everyone is going to do their best to make sure it all works out in the end. this will insure repeat business.

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
972 Posts
No I wouldn't call that a simple thing and i didn't mean to belittle your experience or trash your comment. You even said yourself that you have to ask for a manager and if still no satisfaction than his or her boss, you also mentioned that you follow up with emails to get a better response. all good things to do But should we really have to jump through all those hoops to feel important and taken care of.

I was simply trying to to say that is not proper customer service we should not have to say let me speak to your boss because your not able to help me and then if he or she cannot help me than I want to speak to someone above you. I know you get it, i am glad you were taking care of and am happy, that is all we all want. The most important time to treat a customer properly is when there IS a problem this way it makes them feel safe and reassured that everyone is going to do their best to make sure it all works out in the end. this will insure repeat business.

I totally understand the point you are making. Unfortunately everyone's experience has not been as good as mine and I do understand the frustration. JLRNA definitely could have better customer service considering the price people pay for these vehicles...especially for those who purchase brand new vehicles.

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
They should have an actual customer service, as opposed to this secretive one that people don't even know about before joining this forum. That's 1 thing.
The other thing is that yes, this theoretical actual customer service should function as a customer service. I had an incredibly bad experience with them a year ago, when I bought my 12th (new) Range Rover, and they delivered it with a nice little oil leak somewhere close to the engine. The smoke was epic.
Given that it took a month to fix, I wanted to talk with someone after 1 week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks. I never got beyond the first level, because they hung up on me saying "there's no manager here" - and I literally had nowhere to go. I get infinitely better service at Walmart.

The way I like to put it is that we don't like this brand because of its software expertise or customer service excellence or overall customer appreciation.
We keep buying their vehicles in spite of these things.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Yes I would agree.. There is a big push on the front end for all the dealerships to look alike with a beautiful showroom combining both Jaguar and Land Rover vehicle With fancy Chairs, TV's, Color Palates and Rims and not to Mention The Fancy area for snacks and sodas as well as a Cappuccino maker.

It does lead one to believe that you are entering a different level Customer service Too bad once you leave with your Brand new vehicle It is a crap shoot as to the level of service one will receive. I really wish the higher ups would read forums like this and see how we feel about this. If they would just take some of that level of detail and focused it on There after purchase customer service things could be so much better.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts