RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Easiest question of the day. What is the proper name for the "black" interior? Is this ash grey or granite?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately Ebony is not a choice in the P38 interior catalogues. LR likes to change their colour names. i.e. Black became Beluga became Java.

·
Registered
649 Posts
What is the code on the VIN plate for the Interior?

Probably not comprehensive enough for all the special editions, but this should cover the majority of vehicles

D = Dark Granite Cloth
E = Tan Cloth
F = Dark Granite Leather
G = Tan Leather
P = Lightstone Leather
U = Ash Grey Leather
V = Ash Grey Cloth
J = Walnut Leather
X = Light Stone Blue

·
Registered
457 Posts
Confusing this one, the (almost) black interior is Ash Grey and the mid grey interior is Dark Granite.

To my mind I would have thought it be the other way round, but perhaps that more a statement about my state of mind!!! :lol:

Mine's Dark Granite which is a silvery grey hue to the leather and plastic trims, common on early P38's. You find the Ash Grey interior on Silver and Black exterior coloured cars quite common.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
5,346 Posts
LIRA said:
Confusing this one, the (almost) black interior is Ash Grey and the mid grey interior is Dark Granite.

To my mind I would have thought it be the other way round, but perhaps that more a statement about my state of mind!!! :lol:
I had the same thoughts as you!

Ron

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess I am missing something... big surprise there! I wasn't aware that the VIN gave any code for interior colour.

SAL Manufacturer code: Land Rover
P Model: NAS Range Rover, second generation (38A model)
V Model specification: 49 state emissions (excl California), 100in
1 Body type: 5-door, closed (station wagon, hard top)
4 Engine type: 4.6 litre V8 petrol
4 Steering, transmission, GVW: Left-hand drive (LHD), 4-speed automatic, 6000lb
6 Checksum code: checks out ok
V Model year: 1997
A Assembly location: Solihull, UK
###### Serial number

On my slam panel there is the paint codes sticker (white sticker) for touch ups. Then there is the engine family sticker for emissions and settings. In the door jamb is just another VIN and tyre sticker. Is there another sticker hiding somewhere?

·
Registered
649 Posts
Owners Handbook, Section 1, Introduction, Engine Compartment Labels.
This shows a black VIN label. That label also includes the Axle Weights, GTW (Gross Train Weight), Paint Code, and Trim Code.

Ah Ha, just double checked, the above is correct for UK vehicles, but RAVE v16, for NAS, which covers your '98 model, shows different labels on the bonnet landing panel.
Turn the page and it says "The VIN and other information concerning your vehicle can be found on the certification label affixed to the lock face of the front left-hand door ..."
The picture isn't clear, but it shows a black label which 'might' have the paint code, trim code, etc on it.

A parts listing might show these labels more clearly.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Chas! I don't know how many times I have looked at that dang door sticker and not seen the dinky lettering on the bottom. Thanks again!

W

·
0 Posts
Hey Toady, need new glasses?

Great news, The Charleston will be open at least through the end of the year. We should get a local meet and greet scheduled.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
WSeaRover
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing